Michigan Victory This Past Week

Silvio

Reaction score
No doubt that Rich Rod is on the hot seat in Michigan. This past week in a game he probably had to win he pulled his starting quarterback who was the early favorite for the heisman trophy and got the win. Now they had a backup QB who was a part time starter last year and who is clearly a much better passer than DR. This change seemed to give Michigan the boost it needed to get the win, it also better allowed Michigan to match a strength of a player against the weakness of the defense. If only our coaches could have created match up advantages like that we might not have been in this mess this season.

I don't think the season would much better, but it could have turned around the NIU, NW, or Purdue game? We'll never know. Thoughts?

If Tate Forcier were the Gopher QB, we'd probably have three more wins this season.

From what I read after the game, Robinson was not pulled due to ineffectivness. Robinson actually had 305 yards passing. Rather, he was held out due to a head injury and lingering dizziness. Expected to play this week.

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...inson-good-to-go-when-michigan-faces-purdue/1

Thanks Stan, from what I saw (replays on sports shows) it looked as if he was pulled due to being ineffective.

I also don't want this to turn into a rant on Weber either. Sometimes a goalie gets pulled from a game to wake up the team, not because he was the problem.

I know where you were going though Silvio. I watched parts of the Illinois / Purdue game the week after we played Purdue and Illinois ran the QB read play over and over and over on Purdue and chewed them up. They would send two recievers to one side of the formation and have a TE and Flanker on the other side. They just toyed with the Purdue defensive ends and the QB would keep what seemed like 2/3 of the the time and give the other 1/3. They went up and down the field.

Got me thinking Minnesota could have done the same thing with M. Gray all day long. It was frustrating.

It doesn't alway work, but getting shocked by USD didn't seem to work for the U either. :D

That didn't work too well for the Soviets in 1980... :D

Tikhonov regrets it to this day. But he did it because he thought Tretiak was unstable, especially after giving up a goal on a bad play with one second left in the first -- not because his team didn't look awake.

Top Bottom