Michigan v Kansas game

Donovan

Reaction score
Looks like Michigan is going to drop to 5-5 if they lose to Kansas. Do you think they'll have the tourney?

By the way is it earth day or something? I'm really getting tired of these precious "eco 101 green" game breaks they keep doing.

Two things I am seeing in this game:
(1) Michigan is very hit or miss. They have looked good in parts and awful in others. They have also played a lot better when playing the 1-3-1 zone defensively.
(2) Kansas is not the best team in the country. They have good size, but I think their guards are very overrated. Collins is good, and I would take him on the goph's, but is not the player ESPN makes him out to be. Also, Morningstar is very over-rated, although it is only his first game of the season. (Last year- 30 min, 6 pts, 3 assists per game. nice stat line...)

Kansas is not the best team in the country.

Lol .. just as I click on this thread I hear Bilas in the background say Kansas did not play their best game and still won by double digits. They are truly the best team in the country.

Not the best?

I have a hard time imaging Kansas is not the best team in the country - Collins and Aldrich proved their worth last year, I think the younger guys are just so good that sometimes they aren't getting the opportunities with the ball in their hands to pad stats...you look at John Wall and they guy plays 36 of the 40 minutes with the ball in his hands on EVERY play. He's amazing, without a doubt but they showed a graphic during the Michigan game that compared Xavier Henry and John Wall, and Xavier has identical stats in eight less minutes. It's all about perception. Kansas is alot like Minnesota, the wealth is spread around very nicely and a lot of people don't notice that.

Two things I am seeing in this game:
(1) Michigan is very hit or miss. They have looked good in parts and awful in others. They have also played a lot better when playing the 1-3-1 zone defensively.
(2) Kansas is not the best team in the country. They have good size, but I think their guards are very overrated. Collins is good, and I would take him on the goph's, but is not the player ESPN makes him out to be. Also, Morningstar is very over-rated, although it is only his first game of the season. (Last year- 30 min, 6 pts, 3 assists per game. nice stat line...)

I think Michigan shares a problem that the Gophers have had. Sometimes they just don't shoot very well. I thought Mich. might be ready to overtake Mich. St. this year. But, they are going to have to play better to do that.

The Texas - Kansas game is going to be huge this year. The winner will surely be No. 1.

Bilas was saying 'Michigan will be ranked later in the year don't worry." How can he say that? Kudos to them for playing a tough NC schedule, but assuming they lose to UConn they will have a 6-6 NC record. Yeah, they played a lot of good teams, but they didn't win ANY of them. IMO they need to win 13 BT games to get in. Even 12-6 only puts them at 18-12 overall.

Bilas was saying 'Michigan will be ranked later in the year don't worry." How can he say that? Kudos to them for playing a tough NC schedule, but assuming they lose to UConn they will have a 6-6 NC record. Yeah, they played a lot of good teams, but they didn't win ANY of them. IMO they need to win 13 BT games to get in. Even 12-6 only puts them at 18-12 overall.

I think 12-6 gets them in, but that's certainly not an easy task.

Michigan has a long way to go to make the tourney. If they make the tourney it means that our Gophers fell off the face of the conference...

Top Bottom