Michigan President Fired for Inappropriate Relationship with Subordinate

cemba99

Bruce Smith for Governor
Reaction score

While slightly OT - if all Jim Harbaugh is looking for is a nice extension (instead of an NFL move), timing might be good to ask now. The last thing Michigan needs at this moment (after this administrative mess) is to lose its football coach.

True, but irrelevant, story: I went to high school with a kid named Dick Woodcock.

“…exchanged emails with the subordinate using your University of Michigan email.”

13Qe.gif

This guy had already agreed to stop down in 2023, for things unrelated to this, and was only staying on in a temporary role. They simply terminated his contract for the temporary role. For whatever that's worth.

President Gabel is doing a remarkable job supporting Gopher Athletics. I don't think you will hear any shenanigans from her.
Of course, because we all know harassment is a one way street.

Maybe I missed it but relationship seemed mutual. Where was the “harassment” exactly? Should have used a personal email.

Maybe I missed it but relationship seemed mutual. Where was the “harassment” exactly? Should have used a personal email.
No harassment accusations that I know of.

These rules typically revolve around the inevitable perception of favoritism that comes with these relationships.

Code of Conduct. Everyone is a subordinate to the University President other than the BoR, so this would be a big problem for a bunch of reasons. I'm in HR, I assume there is a lot more here that we don't know about.

There wasn't harassment alleged. But even consentual relationships with subordinates - ie, you personally control decisions about their career/pay there - is usually a big no-no. Could lead to quid pro quo, etc.

Top Bottom