Michigan opens up 16.5 point favorites

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>The first <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Gophers&src=hash">#Gophers</a>-Michigan line, per <a href="http://t.co/BmPBRjvZ6E">http://t.co/BmPBRjvZ6E</a>: Wolverines -16.5.</p>— Darren Wolfson (@DarrenWolfson) <a href="https://twitter.com/DarrenWolfson/statuses/384380503572234240">September 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

ESPN.com shows Michigan -20 to -20.5

Minnesota at Michigan - Sat, Oct 5, 3:30 PM ET (366)
POINT SPREAD TOTAL MONEY LINE
5Dimes.eu
MINN: +20.5
MICH: -20.5 -110

N/A o: 0
u: 0
MINN: 0
MICH: 0
BOVADA
MINN: +20
MICH: -20 -110

BETONLINE.ag

Fantasy911.com

SportsBetting.ag

Sounds about right. That said, I might take those odds considering Michigan's propensity this year to let lesser teams hang around. My prediction is currently 27-13.

Yikes...I expect Michigan to get a pretty easy win, but after seeing their last two games, that -20 line looks really generous. I'd have to think about putting some money on us if I were a betting man.

Agree that is an awful big line considering the way Michigan has looked the past few weeks. I would have expected it to be closer to 10 points or so.

Michigan could have easily been and maybe should be 2-2 against a MAC team that has the longest road losing streak in FBS and a UCONN team that hasn't won a game yet, if Devin Gardener continues to turn the ball over then we will very much be in this game, i think Iowa might even have a more stout rush defense then Michigan has

We lost four games in the Big Ten last year by 18 points or more, including 22 down to Michigan at home. We just lost another one by 16.

Until we can prove to even hang with the big boys, nobody should be surprised that we're projected to lose by at least two touchdowns against pretty much everyone but Indiana.

Michigan could have easily been and maybe should be 2-2 against a MAC team that has the longest road losing streak in FBS and a UCONN team that hasn't won a game yet, if Devin Gardener continues to turn the ball over then we will very much be in this game, i think Iowa might even have a more stout rush defense then Michigan has

Iowa looked bad in Non-Conf play then handled us pretty easily so I'm not gonna put too much stock on Michigan not being impressive in their NC games especially when they beat a decent Notre Dame team on prime time...

Iowa looked bad in Non-Conf play then handled us pretty easily so I'm not gonna put too much stock on Michigan not being impressive in their NC games especially when they beat a decent Notre Dame team on prime time...

Quite frankly, I am surprised the spread isn't larger. I can see our guys getting overwhelmed playing in the big house leading to a blow out win. This game will likely be very ugly.

We lost four games in the Big Ten last year by 18 points or more, including 22 down to Michigan at home. We just lost another one by 16.

Until we can prove to even hang with the big boys, nobody should be surprised that we're projected to lose by at least two touchdowns against pretty much everyone but Indiana.

I get why the line is that big, just saying I don't necessarily agree with it.

Also, anyone who says that through five games this Gopher team looks the same (or worse) than they did at this point last season, they either don't get football, or aren't paying attention. We're pretty obviously improved, it's just a question of if we're improved enough to win some games against a tougher conference schedule.

I'll be surprised if its even that close. This team isn't very good and Michigan is full of athletes. Could be looking at a really ugly game next week.

They'll running the edges like Weismann did. Only their back are quite a bit faster. I believe this is Michigan's Homecoming game and of course the Jug. They will be pretty amped.

They'll running the edges like Weismann did. Only their back are quite a bit faster. I believe this is Michigan's Homecoming game and of course the Jug. They will be pretty amped.

You are right. The difference being Weismann took those for 10-15 yards per rush. Michigan backs will take those to the house. They could be pushing 40 by half time...

You are right. The difference being Weismann took those for 10-15 yards per rush. Michigan backs will take those to the house. They could be pushing 40 by half time...

It's a definite possibility, for sure. But it's not like Akron and UCONN have some group of awesome defensive playmakers that we don't.
Michigan has proven itself to be inconsistent, at the very best, so far this year. If we get to Ann Arbor and find a Michigan team that's playing up to its potential, we're done. But if the team waiting for us is the same one that showed up for their last two games, I'd say we're favorites.

It's a definite possibility, for sure. But it's not like Akron and UCONN have some group of awesome defensive playmakers that we don't.
Michigan has proven itself to be inconsistent, at the very best, so far this year. If we get to Ann Arbor and find a Michigan team that's playing up to its potential, we're done. But if the team waiting for us is the same one that showed up for their last two games, I'd say we're favorites.

UConn looks like a better football team then us right now though...

UConn looks like a better football team then us right now though...

UCONN is 0-4 with blowout losses to Buffalo and Towson. No, they do not look like a better football team than us (at least not to anyone who has even a basic understanding of football). I have to assume you're just trolling now, so I've got to bow out of this one.

This is a perfect game for Kill and Co. to prove that last weeks beatdown was an anomaly and not a trend. They don't have to win the game...they just have to keep it within ten points...

Michigan is coming off of a by-week. They'll have their problems straightened out. 16.5 seems generous to the Gophers.

This is a perfect game for Kill and Co. to prove that last weeks beatdown was an anomaly and not a trend. They don't have to win the game...they just have to keep it within ten points...

I'm generally a guy who only cares whether we won or lost. I won't be happy with a loss, but if we have another offensive performance anywhere near 165 yards, I will be pretty furious.

That said, after our bed wetting last weekend, its entirely possible Michigan could overlook us. Their QB is a turnover machine, so let's get after him.

i dont like this game B1G home opener for mich, homecoming, coming off the open week, played 2 games against weaker competition poorly...this might be a game where they try to run the score up to help build back their national perception. it sucks that as a fanbase, we all are hoping to "just keep it close." man i bet its fun to be a alabama fan and always thinking that they will win every game fml

We just lost at home to a weaker team by 16. I fully expected it to be 21-24.5. We have not shown an ability to play close games in the B1G. We either win or get stomped. Hopefully this is the week that changes.

Michigan has had 12 turnover in their first 4 games. In the Gophers first 4 games they created 6 turnovers and returned 2 for touchdowns. Against Iowa, Minnesota was -2. The Gophers will turn it over more if they pass with Leidner or Nelson, but if UM can win the turnover battle against scUM, they could make this close.

The line is now 20.5 points

We just lost at home to a weaker team by 16. I fully expected it to be 21-24.5. We have not shown an ability to play close games in the B1G. We either win or get stomped. Hopefully this is the week that changes.
It is going to be hard for Vegas to attract any money on the Gophers side and it could easily hit that 21-24.5 range for the points. A lot of people saw the offense last week and the statistics don't lie 165 total yards and seven points.
The game could go from respectable to total blow out in a short period of time, depends on how well the Gophers react to the adversity. It is going be hard to get excited about watching this game with the sinking feeling your team will be greatly overmatched. Here is hoping we get lucky with turnovers and get a surprise effort out of the Gophers.

Top Bottom