Michigan game road trip

THE 'U'

Reaction score
Any advice for someone who has never been to Ann Arbor? Where to stay? Where to eat? Where to sit?

Sit where the Gopher ticket office gives you tickets ....Stay in Ann Arbor....park at the school where the Goal line club has their deal...eat and drink on campus at one of the micro beer places. They are asshole winners and asshole losers.

Tailgating at Pioneer High School worked out well when I've been out there. Definitely sitting with fellow Gophers adds to the experience.

I've been there twice, stayed in Ypsilanti which is about 10 miles east. Not ideal after a long game day and night out but we booked it at the last minute. I would reserve something now if you want to stay in Ann Arbor. We tailgated at Pioneer High School, kids walk around and collect your cans for the school too. While we ran in some nice fans, two guys in our group actually went without tickets and a random Michigan fan gave them free ones right in front of the gate but that was about it. People complain about WI and IA fans but Michigan fans are the worst in my opinion. I've seen us win and lose and like someone said, they were arrogant pricks the either way.

I don't remember too many specifics but I would recommend a visit to the Little Brown Jug as well. The drive can be tough coming home, assuming you're coming from MN and it will be around 10 hours, be sure to hit Chicago early on Sunday.

Yes, I was refering to the bar/restaurant. But since I won't be making the trek, I might have to get another picture with it the following week...

Ah...Then yank the bar out of the ground and bring that home too.

Go to Zingerman's for lunch if you're there a day early.

Any advice for someone who has never been to Ann Arbor? Where to stay? Where to eat? Where to sit?

Where to stay?: Will you be driving and do you have a spacious car? If you are not above sleeping in it there are some fantastic parking lots near the stadium. Tipsy and I have taken this approach a few times and it works great. You are basically sleeping in you tailgate spot, so you wake up and crack a fresh beer. What could be better?

Where to eat?: Normandale will attest that the wings at the Blue Wolverine are pretty good. For drinking go to Ashley's. It will be packed but the beer selection is great.

Where to sit?: Where ever. I've sat close to the field and in the top row. I actually prefer sitting up high at the Big House.

Where to eat?: Normandale will attest that the wings at the Blue Wolverine are pretty good. For drinking go to Ashley's. It will be packed but the beer selection is great.

I second the Ashley's suggestion. IIRC, the owner is a Gopher fan/grad. Upon seeing our Minnesota gear, we were treated to free shots.

Top Bottom