Michele Tafoya

Apparently she lives in Minnesota.

Worked at KFAN, WCCO, and for Midwest Sports Channel

Also Wikipedia says she once poured beer on other fans while in a box at the Metrodome, that's kinda awesome ;)

Always thought she was with NFL sideline reporting

I think she will probably run for governor in 2026
She was co-chair of the Kendall Qualls campaign for Governor. Qualls withdrew from the Republican primary race when Jensen got the official GOP endorsement. She claims she is a “pro-choice conservative with libertarian leanings.” Good luck on winning a GOP primary with those beliefs

Last edited:

Mark Vandersall's dad Bruce was an assistant coach under Cal Stoll so she married into a Gopher family.

I don't know where she is originally from but I know she was married in Minnesota. I worked as a valet at her wedding when I was in college.
Does she tip well?

I recall her on air when Kill first beat Nebraska, breaking in with, "Big things are happening in Minnesota". She was always good with plugging Gopher football when she could.

I always thought Michele in her younger days was kind of a smoke show!

She was a good reporter and professional.

Is Michele from Minnesota? Didn’t know she’s such a Gopher fan? 👏
She is from California. Her husband played baseball for John Anderson for the Gophers. Father in-law coached for Gophers. She is Gopher by marriage, as others said I believe she is Stanford graduate.

She quoted GH tweet a week or so ago too:

Go Gophers!!

She is going to be an outgoing Gopher fan during the upcoming couple years for campaigning purposes. Things change when it comes to politics. She is running for Senate against Amy Klobachar (sp).
She's been on board with MN sports for a long time. Politics has nothing to do with it. Keep that crap out of here.

She is from California. Her husband played baseball for John Anderson for the Gophers. Father in-law coached for Gophers. She is Gopher by marriage, as others said I believe she is Stanford graduate.
She actually has her Bachelor's degree from Cal and Master's from USC. It will be interesting to see who she cheers for when SC joins with potentially Cal added in the future!

Top Bottom