Michael Wilbon on Maryland: I’m not excited to see Maryland come to Iowa or Minnesota

Hockey is pretty low in the list of priorities to consider when making decisions about the future of the conference. Plus, you were pretty naive if you thought the Big Ten would never put together it's own hockey conference.

I thought they wouldn't, but that doesn't mean it's good or that I like it.

Why do Minnesotans take comments like this as a "shot" towards them? He wasn't slamming us, stop taking things so personal.

Same thing with the Seth Davis tweet. Everytime a national writer doesn't pick Minnesota in a game, Gopher fans think that writer must have some vendetta against our program. They don't. Get over it.

Why do Minnesotans take comments like this as a "shot" towards them? He wasn't slamming us, stop taking things so personal.

Same thing with the Seth Davis tweet. Everytime a national writer doesn't pick Minnesota in a game, Gopher fans think that writer must have some vendetta against our program. They don't. Get over it.

So you're saying we have an affliction called "GopherHole Paranoia"?

I understand Wilbon's point in that I hate the fact the move out of the WCHA to the B1G has split up the natural/regional rivalries in hockey. The money and revenue for the B1G may improve, but the depth of passion for Minnesota hockey at a D1 level has been lost. Wilbon seems to make a good point about the natural rivalries being obliterated all in the quest for making more money. Frankly, I don't get excited about seeing the Terps in the Barn. It is similar to having Penn State show up. It's a game, but it hardly feels like a rivalry.

It would be nice for a non-conference game.

Now that we are moving to a 9 game schedule in FB - Teams would play every other team once in a 10 team conference. In BB play each team twice in a 18 game schedule. I kind of like playing all the teams in your conference every year and balanced scheduled. One can dream can't they?

Where did you see a lot of this here?

Top Bottom