Mich St Football Players Suspended

I definitely think it will play a role. The Alamo bowl committee will not want all the recent negative pub surrounding the spartan program and choose the gophers!

I goes without saying that this is not positive for MSU. What I find most disturbing is that it was premeditated.

My brother is an MSU alum. He told me these geniuses got busted in part because although they wore ski masks, one of them forgot to tuck in his dreadlocks. Brilliant.

The StarTribune reported today that the Alamo is high on us. They said we're moving in the right direction, that we haven't played there yet, and they're comparing possible bowl match-ups to see if we're the best fit.

I think this will help that bid.

Florida just announced that Carlos Dunlop has been suspended against Alabama. He was found passed out behind the wheel at a stop light. I guess that qualifies for a DWI, eh? He may be the best player on the team and could spell a bit of an opening for Alabama.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/g...cyaiUjc8LDyiUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aULPQL7PQLanchO7DiUr

Star Trib article on the MSU players

Supposedly they "stormed" a fraternity after their awards banquet. A member of the frat had his jaw broken. Article said it was unclear as to whether the players could be reinstated prior to the bowl game. Three starters are among those suspended

Video is being reviewed - this could get ugly

I could see us getting the Alamo nod now. If indeed it's between us and MSU(not just blowing smoke up our #$%^'s)
This is not going away and could get ugly, head to head we won, new venue for us, I could see it happening.

Big blow for the Spartans. As good as Blair White is, Cunningham is a real stud at WR and I think the more impressive of the two.

I think the Gophers were in the mix for RB Glenn Winston (previously suspended) out of high school, but I don't know if they forwarded an offer to him or not.

Don't know if this falls on D'Antonio or not. I did stupid things in college (although never violent and not this stupid) and you can't lock the kids up in their dorms at night, but one would think these guys would at least realize how ridiculous their actions were.

Big blow for the Spartans. As good as Blair White is, Cunningham is a real stud at WR and I think the more impressive of the two.

I think the Gophers were in the mix for RB Glenn Winston (previously suspended) out of high school, but I don't know if they forwarded an offer to him or not.

Don't know if this falls on D'Antonio or not. I did stupid things in college (although never violent and not this stupid) and you can't lock the kids up in their dorms at night, but one would think these guys would at least realize how ridiculous their actions were.

This makes Tinsley and Carter's trangressions seem like kid stuff. A planned storming of a frat resulting in a broken jaw? Holy crap. I've done some stupid stuff, even puffed and snorted in a standoff potential brawl(it came to nothing), but this is like gang war stuff. What will the charges be for this?
Can you imagine the outrage and backlash if this happened here?
I think Brewster would lose his job over this, Dantonio better come down hard.

The StarTribune reported today that the Alamo is high on us. They said we're moving in the right direction, that we haven't played there yet, and they're comparing possible bowl match-ups to see if we're the best fit.

I think this will help that bid.

Best fit? Too funny. A better bowl is great-but what big 12 team in this bowl mix would we even have a remote chance of beating?? Okla? Ugly. Texas Tech? Ugly. Missou? Ugly. Picking between us and MSU is about as bad as it gets for this committee. Either you pick a team that can't score a touchdown or a team that lost to the team that can't score a touchdown!

I'm not so sure about the hypothesis that this will hurt MSU's chances in the Alamo Bowl selection. The Alamo Bowl is completely unrelated to the situation, and the game will achieve increased publicity if it occurs in the middle of a scandal. "There is no such thing as bad publicity" seems to fit. Any mention of MSU and their suspensions will inevitably bring up the bowl game in which they are chosen to participate. It also gives a natural excuse for what will likely be an overmatched B10 team. "We chose MSU based on their performance throughout the year, and they lost big, which may be attributable to their suspensions."

I think the Alamo Bowl will choose whichever team they think will bring more fans. End of story. One of these years I would like to personally go to a bowl game and San Antonio would be high on my list of places I wouldn't mind visiting.

Top Bottom