Miami (Fl) v. Maryland

GO4INLALALAND

Reaction score
Should be a good game to watch with a lot of interest for us MN fans. You have Jedd Fisch as the o-coordinator, Seantrel on the O-line and Al Golden was a candidate for the MN head coaching job. Also, I am curious to see how Edsall does for Maryland. I did not think the Edsall hire was a step up for Maryland.

OMG did you see the Maryland unis? Yuck. I hope the Gophers NEVER do something like that!

Based on Maryland's uniforms, it looks like they are auditioning for a part in a movie. It is a stretch to call those atrocities uniforms.

WTF? I need eye bleach after looking at those unis.

I was going to cheer for Maryland, because I hate "Thug U" and everything they have stood.
But know I'm thinking about cheering against the horrid, horrid uniforms.

Seantrell is out for the season.

That's what happens when you let a kindergarten class design your uniforms. Good Lord, this is football, not an abstract art show.

I agree that the Maryland's uniforms are ugly, but not offensive. I like how they incorporated their state flag's design into them, despite the fact they just don't work for a football uniform.

And that fumble recovery for a TD was an awesome play.

Ringling Bros. University vs Thug U. Those uniforms and helmets make Maryland look like a bunch of clowns!

someone have a link that shows the Maryland uniforms in their horrific attack on the eyeballs?

One side of helmet looks like a recycled NFL Europe shell or something. The other side is a (leaking oil / get the heck out of the way) NASCAR flag.

mdflagunis3.png
mdflagunis2-628x353.jpg

mdflagunis1-628x353.jpg

I think He Hate Me is the starting cornerback for the XFL team in the white.

Buck - The nfl Europe comparison is spot on. I was wondering where I had seen these uniforms before.

I can't say I like these Maryland unis, but I like them better than the ones they unveiled last month. At least the ugliness is lifted right off their flag, so they have an excuse.

As someone said on M &M This Morning; Maryland should be sanctioned for lack of instituitional control.

I agree with the sentiment about these uniforms, but I have to say that I liked the "turtle helmets" they wore during warmups.

It reminds me of when they used to paint battleships with zebra stripes to confuse the enemy. Maybe that was the goal.

Everyone is ripping on these uniforms and I can see where that comes from. Can't argue. However, I also think a lot of this probably comes from a viewpoint that doesn't recognize the very distinctive Maryland state flag. It is one of my favorite state flags and I do see what the uniform designers were going for here.

After seeing those uniforms(if I were in charge of the Maryland flag) I would change the flag.

Everyone is ripping on these uniforms and I can see where that comes from. Can't argue. However, I also think a lot of this probably comes from a viewpoint that doesn't recognize the very distinctive Maryland state flag.
The Ravens also have it incorporated into their logo painted on the field. Must be well-regarded in Maryland.
It is one of my favorite state flags
That's a funny thing to have favorites of.

I do have favorites when it comes to state flags and unfortunately our Minnesota flag isn't one of them. There is a whole pile of states (including MN) that use the state seal on a blue flag background. They all suck. Some of the better ones are Maryland, New Mexico, Arizona, and it pains me to say this... Texas. These are distinctive flags that can be recognized right away.

Oh, and I tried a little experiment at home tonight. I showed the Maryland uniforms to my 13 year old and prefaced it by saying "get a load of these horrible uniforms." He got real quiet and when I asked him what he thought, he said... "Well, I kind of like them." As suggested earlier... the younger generation has a very different eye when it comes to these wild uniforms that Nike and Under Armor are now rolling out.

I would guess the Maryland uniforms got the attention of at least some recruits when they saw them. Not sure if it actually makes a difference and as Glen Mason said on KFAN today, "If the uniforms are a deciding factor, I'm not sure if I would want to recruit that kind of kid."

as Glen Mason said on KFAN today, "If the uniforms are a deciding factor, I'm not sure if I would want to recruit that kind of kid."

The implication there is that Mason ever wanted to recruit any kind of kid.

The implication there is that Mason ever wanted to recruit any kind of kid.

I'm glad I am not drinking milk because it surely would have been coming out of my nose when I read that. Well played.

Top Bottom