Miami and Florida jobs

Reaction score
Anyone hear who the front runners are for both of these jobs??

I also saw the Nebraska AD will not allow his coach to talk to Miami...

No one really knows anything down here ... however ....

Jeremy Foley's people are supposedly talking with Bob Stoops' people (yes, again!!!! - Bob needs another raise)

Mullen has supposedly told his staff he'd turn UF down; others are saying he's interested in Miami.

Chris Petersen is in Florida today (ESPN college football awards show) & a meeting has been arranged to discuss it. Consensus is he's unlikely to uproot his family.

Other names coming up: Petrino (if Urban had said "no", he was supposedly next on Foley's list), Sumlin, Harbaugh (being downplayed, not because everyone thinks he's going to Michigan .... think "NFL"), Gruden ('cuz he's a celebrity, IMO).

No one really knows anything down here ... however ....

Jeremy Foley's people are supposedly talking with Bob Stoops' people (yes, again!!!! - Bob needs another raise)

Mullen has supposedly told his staff he'd turn UF down; others are saying he's interested in Miami.

Chris Petersen is in Florida today (ESPN college football awards show) & a meeting has been arranged to discuss it. Consensus is he's unlikely to uproot his family.

Other names coming up: Petrino (if Urban had said "no", he was supposedly next on Foley's list), Sumlin, Harbaugh (being downplayed, not because everyone thinks he's going to Michigan .... think "NFL"), Gruden ('cuz he's a celebrity, IMO).

I also have begun to think that Harbaugh is going to go to the NFL. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, he's a phenomenal coach and he and his teams are fun to watch.
But, I also really don't want him to spend the next 10-15 years at Michigan either. That would be devastating.

Florida has to be pretty upset that Meyer dragged his feet on this. A week sooner and they could have had a shot at Kill.

I also have begun to think that Harbaugh is going to go to the NFL. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, he's a phenomenal coach and he and his teams are fun to watch.
But, I also really don't want him to spend the next 10-15 years at Michigan either. That would be devastating.

I think he is going to the NFL too. More money there, but the only thing I wonder about is he seems to be very good at dealing with 18-22 year old kids, and would his attitude work with some of the 30 year old millionaires...

regardless, he is a hell of a coach, and I do agree he could turn Michigan back into a national power.

Top Bottom