Message Board Threads Take on a Life of Their Own

DL65

Reaction score
I have to smile at the Sports Huddle thread that I started two days ago. There was little content in my posting, other than I said coach Kill was busy visiting with a dozen recruits and that he would only be on for a couple minutes, if at all. (He wasn't on this past Sunday.)

The thread now has nearly 3,600 hits, which is twice as many that typically checks in with a posting related to a Kill summary with about 9-12 segments. Not complaining; I'm smiling, for I find some of the responses amusing. I also realize threads often change from their original intent, because of personalities and their responding comments.

I enjoy the displayed humor of this board immensely! But I have to admit, also, that the hijacking of threads can be frustrating, too. In any case, keep posting!! And you lurkers, join the fun.

Go Gophers!!

Yea, but what kind of moves do you think the Twins will make this off-season to improve their playoff chances next year?

(Thread hijacked :))

On most website, you bring up Obama...thread hijacked.
On Gopherhole, you bring up Mason, Brewster, Weber, 40 times, NDSU, or the transfer exception and...thread hijacked.

That said, I heard Obama ran a 4.4 40.

On most website, you bring up Obama...thread hijacked.
On Gopherhole, you bring up Mason, Brewster, Weber, 40 times, NDSU, or the transfer exception and...thread hijacked.

Electronically or hand-held?

Supposedly electronic, but you know that liberal bias....

4.40 hand held. 4.35 or or 4.44 then electronic.

We Hate Iowa.

That question was asked, right?

Was Maturi somehow involved and does it have anything at all to do with some apparent slight of a neighboring state’s football program, coach, fan base, recruiting, etc.?

Obama's 40 documents were fake.

DL65 is right. We seem to be getting off topic here. Let's get back to "It's all about Big Ten wins."

Was Maturi somehow involved and does it have anything at all to do with some apparent slight of a neighboring state’s football program, coach, fan base, recruiting, etc.?

Before he ran it, LakesBison apparently saw him in a NDSU Jean Jacket (you know they make them), that alone caused Brett Bielema to "cool on him" and he wrote himself in for the 6th straight election.

On an unrelated topic, anyone think 9/11 was an inside job?

Let's get back to where it all started... REMEMBER THE ALAMO!

I feel another "Oops" thread brewing here. I like it!

Brewster woulda gone after Obama.

Given his ties to the Chicago area I would think Illinois would have the inside track on getting Obama. However if we can land him do you think he projects more as a DB or WR with that 40 time?

Given his ties to the Chicago area I would think Illinois would have the inside track on getting Obama. However if we can land him do you think he projects more as a DB or WR with that 40 time?

Already penciled in as Mcknights replacement.

What's the word on Prexy Bruininks? Does anyone have an opinion on his tenure?

Go Gophers!!

What's the word on Prexy Bruininks? Does anyone have an opinion on his tenure?

Go Gophers!!

he had a great impact on our fair University, but not to the level of Global warming...

Follow-up question for Bob_Loblaw: Earlier in this thread you said you haven't voted in a presidential election since Ford. Henry Ford was president? How'd that happen?

Go Gophers!!

Follow-up question for Bob_Loblaw: Earlier in this thread you said you haven't voted in a presidential election since Ford. Henry Ford was president? How'd that happen?

Go Gophers!!

Just W.I.N. Baby!!!

BTW Has anyone heard about Elian Gonzalez?

You got to stop listening to Sid.....

Go Gophers!!

.....You are starting to sound like him!

Just W.I.N. Baby!!!

BTW Has anyone heard about Elian Gonzalez?

Nope, he's never won a Big 10 game.

Oh, I overheard Macturi saying he was going to stay at the U until Minnesota allows gay marriage. Thoughts?

Dr. Don, I remember the Alamo!! I went there for a visit when I was stationed at Ft. Sam Houston back in the day (1970). But I didn't visit the movie-set of the movie The Alamo near San Antonio. John Wayne might have been a bigger name than Davey Crockett in Texas, however; and his (Marion Morrison's) lineplay was certainly much better than the Tennesseean's.

Go Gophers!!

Dr. Don, I remember the Alamo!! I went there for a visit when I was stationed at Ft. Sam Houston back in the (1970). But I didn't visit the movie-set of the movie The Alamo near San Antonio. John Wayne might have been a bigger name than Davey Crockett in Texas, however; and his (Marion Morrison's) lineplay was certainly much better than the Tennesseean's.

Go Gophers!!

I thought Dr. Don was talking about 2009 when we got passed over for Alamo Bowl for Michigan State.

Killjoy, Okay genius . . . I'll have you know he's a close personal friend. Given this is the season of sharing and giving, I'm going to send you a couple certificates to Murray's!! They're in the mail.

Go Gophers!!

Nope, he's never won a Big 10 game.

Oh, I overheard Macturi saying he was going to stay at the U until Minnesota allows gay marriage. Thoughts?

Macturi will never be as great as Mason. Clearly Mason Like Fred Flintstone believes in having a "gay" ole time. You mobers and bashers will soon realize this......

Top Bottom