Message Board Genius: This wisconsin fan has the utmost respect for Minnesota and PJ Fleck.

Tbr72 = To be retarded for 7 days a week, 2 hours daily

There is a population of Badger fans that literally cannot handle this being an actual rivalry now. In some ways, I don't blame them, it had been so long. Those same fans were delusional enough to think they were more likely to compete with Ohio State than be caught by Minnesota and they were wrong.

It shows we hired the right guy. We have the right coach. We'll continue to hear them obsess over PJ being weird and some of the creepier ones will hang out on this message board all year. They just can't handle this being a real rivalry.

A lot of 'em over in Wisconsin have been hurting for a while now, seeing as they're no longer America's Dairyland... and the fact that it's now California really chaps their asses. I understand that this makes them feel worse about themselves and their state... so they lash out. I'd be a miserable S.O.B. if I lived in Wisconsin, too.

Oh, and for all of that '60 year" stuff... The all-time record between the two schools is 62-62-8.

There is a population of Badger fans that literally cannot handle this being an actual rivalry now. In some ways, I don't blame them, it had been so long. Those same fans were delusional enough to think they were more likely to compete with Ohio State than be caught by Minnesota and they were wrong.

It shows we hired the right guy. We have the right coach. We'll continue to hear them obsess over PJ being weird and some of the creepier ones will hang out on this message board all year. They just can't handle this being a real rivalry.
The Fickell era is going to be interesting. There is a bit of a Nebraska syndrome going on with the fanbase where I am not sure the team can realistically match what the fan expectation has become. They want to be viewed as part of the Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State tier when the reality is they are part of the much bigger tier with the majority of the rest of the conference.

The Fickell era is going to be interesting. There is a bit of a Nebraska syndrome going on with the fanbase where I am not sure the team can realistically match what the fan expectation has become. They want to be viewed as part of the Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State tier when the reality is they are part of the much bigger tier with the majority of the rest of the conference.
The alternative possibility is not that PJ is such a "right coach" but Chryst was such a wrong coach.
But the experiment is being done by removing only one variable.
The next few years will be interesting.

The alternative possibility is not that PJ is such a "right coach" but Chryst was such a wrong coach.
But the experiment is being done by removing only one variable.
The next few years will be interesting.
No experiment needed. PJ is absolutely the "right coach" for Minnesota and has elevated the program to the upper part of the second tier in the conference.

Getting rid of Chryst may have been the right move for Wisconsin but it still doesn't mean Fickell is going to elevate the program to the upper tiers of the conference. But he may be able to keep them from falling as far as Nebraska did and at least keep Wisconsin near the top of tier 2 with the Gophers and Hawkeyes.

No experiment needed. PJ is absolutely the "right coach" for Minnesota and has elevated the program to the upper part of the second tier in the conference.

Getting rid of Chryst may have been the right move for Wisconsin but it still doesn't mean Fickell is going to elevate the program to the upper tiers of the conference. But he may be able to keep them from falling as far as Nebraska did and at least keep Wisconsin near the top of tier 2 with the Gophers and Hawkeyes.
There is no substitute for experimentation and the experiment is going to start in a few months.
Divisions also will end in a year and the usual soft West schedule will be no more.

There is no substitute for experimentation and the experiment is going to start in a few months.
Divisions also will end in a year and the usual soft West schedule will be no more.
The West schedule wasn't soft. The division lacked the power programs at the top but was very deep with quality teams as opposed to being extremely top heavy the way the East was.

I’m kind of excited that the rivalry is back on myself. I somewhat relate it to the hockey rivalry which has now been kind of ruined by the badgers sucking ass and the gophers being a powerhouse. Sure the ax goes back and fourth but that’s what it’s suppose to be about, if it gets too one sided it’s bound for apathy. Not sure about you guys but that game and that weekend is my favorite of the year. Turkey and football me boys

Top Bottom