Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!
2021 is best year ever for all of us!!!

This is probably overly sappy because I'm on a high from the Gopher basketball game.

But my fiance and I decided not to go back to Minnesota for Christmas this year due to COVID so it was sort of a boring day. It was nice, we factimed with folks, and all of that. But we decided to just relax and watch the Gopher game. My fiance is not from Minnesota, not a sports fan, and has no clue about the reference, and after one of my mini-meltdowns reacting Fran's stupid face she said to me "you really hate Iowa." It made me smile and I said "we hate Iowa." :)

2020 sucked. This Christmas felt off. But man, beating Iowa really did bring me some Christmas cheer.

Kwanzaa-2020.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeand...anzaa-its-so-much-more-than-a-black-christmas
Happy Kwanzaa! It’s so much more than a ‘black Christmas’
In 1966, the African American Maulana Karenga created the holiday of Kwanzaa to give black people an “opportunity to celebrate themselves and their history” rather than indulge in the customary traditions of a white Christmas. The celebration starts on Boxing Day and runs for seven days, each marking one of the “principles of African heritage”, which include umoja (Swahili for unity), kujichagulia (self-determination) and ujaama (cooperative work and economics).

Top Bottom