Memphis Tigers hire Josh Pastner as HC

this may be a brilliant hire

Josh was the real reason Lute's last few years at UA were above average. Without his recruiting connections, that team would've looked much different/worse.

Lute made a lot of mistakes at the end. But letting Pastner go was probably the biggest. If Livengood had any type of sack whatsoever, he would've kept Pastner and let him slide eventually into Lute's job. This would've provided much more security than came with the O'Neill/Pennell fiasco.

It's going to be fun to watch Sean Miller and Josh Pastner be compared to each other in the next few years.

He's only 31?! I hate that, makes me feel so inadequate...

Josh was the real reason Lute's last few years at UA were above average. Without his recruiting connections, that team would've looked much different/worse.

Lute made a lot of mistakes at the end. But letting Pastner go was probably the biggest. If Livengood had any type of sack whatsoever, he would've kept Pastner and let him slide eventually into Lute's job. This would've provided much more security than came with the O'Neill/Pennell fiasco.

It's going to be fun to watch Sean Miller and Josh Pastner be compared to each other in the next few years.

There was a lot of disfunction going on behind the scenes at Arizona when Lute stepped aside the first time. I know someone who knows Pastner personally and it wasn't very pretty if what they said has any truth to it.

Sean Miller is a great hire for Arizona. He has proved himself as a successful head coach at Xavier. I think Josh Pastner is a real stretch for Memphis. Who knows, it might be a brilliant move, but being the head coach is huge leap from being an assistant. Remember Jim Molinari?

Sean Miller is a great hire for Arizona. He has proved himself as a successful head coach at Xavier. I think Josh Pastner is a real stretch for Memphis. Who knows, it might be a brilliant move, but being the head coach is huge leap from being an assistant. Remember Jim Molinari?

Jim Molinari took two different teams to the NCAA Tournament before he arrived at Minnesota. He had plenty of head coaching experience.

He didn't walk into a Memphis situation, our program was a Mess.

Top Bottom