Memorial for a great Gopher fan

McGopherFan

Reaction score
Dave Sylvester who grew up in Prospect Park, played several sneak on has at Memorial Stadium, and later drove out to the Rose Bowl for the Gophers most recent appearance passed away on October 29.

Dave is my namesake, and my uncle. We hoped to make a bowl trip in coming years. But the clock ran out.

Dave Sylvester who grew up in Prospect Park, played several sneak on has at Memorial Stadium, and later drove out to the Rose Bowl for the Gophers most recent appearance passed away on October 29.

Dave is my namesake, and my uncle. We hoped to make a bowl trip in coming years. But the clock ran out.

My condolences sir. God speed to your uncle.

Hats off to Thee Uncle Dave.

Sorry for your loss.

Go McGopherFan’s Uncle Dave!!

At least he checked-off the Rose Bowl from his bucket list.

God's grace to him, you, and your family.

Gonna hurt for quite awhile. Even after you'll be watching a game or remember something about him and for a brief time at least, the memories will come flooding back. My condolences.

Last edited:

Salute to Uncle Dave. May he enjoy the heavens where God has given him a new home. Clearly will be different for you and you'll find yourself talking out loud to him. That's OK! Peace be with you.

Condolences. May he watch over the Gophers from heaven!

Condolences. All through 2019, my brother and I both spoke of our lost true Gopher fans, our dad...lost in 2015, his best friend Bill...lost in 2016, and my best friend Al...who died mid-season last year. They would have never believed it, but sure would have enjoyed it.

Sorry for your loss, McGopherFan. Dave Sylvester was my junior high health teacher and his wife babysat me when I was a little guy. Small world. RIP Dave.

Sorry for your loss, McGopherFan. Dave Sylvester was my junior high health teacher and his wife babysat me when I was a little guy. Small world. RIP Dave.
great family. I am glad you got to know them! I was lucky enough to be born to Rae's sister. Thank you for letting me know. The connection helps me heal.

I'm changing it to look me up when we make our next Bowl game, because I had so much fun last year at the Outback Bowl. Don't need to wait for the Rose Bowl, ha ha.
I am looking forward to it.

Top Bottom