Mel Kiper's first Big Board

For reference in the 2021 draft, this is how these picks would shake out:
#7 RB: pick 120 (round 4)
#5 OT: pick 39 (round 2)
#7 DE/Edge: pick 50 (round 2)
Two second rounders would be a big deal, especially on the heels of a first rounder this year and a 2nd rounder in 2020.

Mo has to show some versatility.

Catch some passes. We know he can pick up a blitz.

Mo gettin screwed. He'll just have to show em who's boss when he busts out 150 and 2 tuddys against Ohio State.
Mo's small and doesn't have break away speed, he's going to be a low round pick, even if he runs for 2,000 yards and scored 20 TD's, he's still going day three

What was the over/under on draft picks according to good ol' Meatsauce, lol?

I would think that if Mel was that good he would be working for an NFL team. However he isn't. Pretty much average with all the others. Just has a different hair do from all the others and is a long winded bag that some people apparently enjoy.

Mo's small and doesn't have break away speed, he's going to be a low round pick, even if he runs for 2,000 yards and scored 20 TD's, he's still going day three
Reminds me a bit of Jaret Patterson from Buffalo. Guy put up record setting numbers last year, still went undrafted. Then went out and dominated the preseason and is already the backup in Washington. Mo's gonna do well in the NFL no matter when hes drafted, maybe won't be a star but he'll be around for a while.

I would think that if Mel was that good he would be working for an NFL team. However he isn't. Pretty much average with all the others. Just has a different hair do from all the others and is a long winded bag that some people apparently enjoy.
Are you sure? The pay to be an expert and on camera at ESPN is pretty good.

Kiper is one of the biggest frauds on ESPN.
And that takes some doing.
It's a guy getting paid for his opinion on football players. Take it or leave it. I don't really watch ESPN much so not a big concern for me.

I just always catch myself staring at his hair...
People have chosen many ways to make announcements. There you go. Now you can just relax and enjoy life. Good job!

Are you sure? The pay to be an expert and on camera at ESPN is pretty good.
Perhaps. But if he was that good for an NFL team, imagine how much money a team could save and have a better team. He flat out says what a team needs etc.

ESPN has been making cost cutting moves. Don't know if he is affected by it.

Leidballs! Mcshay ended up having to explain the the pick.

Top Bottom