Mel Kiper was asked about 2021 NFL Draft prospects. He mentioned both Tanner Morgan and Rashod Bateman.

MI is an absolute stud, should have had the majority of snaps last year, but I get it. You really have to be considered for the Heisman as an undergrad RB these days to come out early and be an early round pick.

In regards to Mo...the biggest issue might not even have to do with Mo. I'm not sure the NFL is ready to trust a RB out of MN coming out as a JR. (Has that ever even happened?) Furthermore, I don't know if RB is important enough in today's NFL right now to see the demand for it to be prudent. I expect big things from him, but he could have a Heisman-type season and still not get drafted until the 3rd round.

I would be enamored to be wrong as long as that plays to his favor. :)

You are right. Running back isn't a key draft position currently. Only a few go in the first couple of rounds. But, on average, about 30 RBs get drafted per year, mostly on day two and three. This year the number of RBs taken was low; next year might be higher to balance.

St. Juste is the one I worry about the most leaving early, aside from Bateman. If I had to bet on it though, I think Bateman is the only one. Not worried about Tanner at all.

Also if there isn’t a season, Bateman is a guy I could see coming back even if he is a first rounder as I don’t think he’d want to go out that way.

I must have missed something. I didn't think St. Juste was as amazing as some. Yes his size is great and he was solid, but I feel like teams were more willing to throw at him than at Durr.

I have loved Fleck as a coach, and program coach, and a fit for the U since a year before he was hired here. Nonetheless, his players do not walk on water.
Yeah, but there was no mention of Fleck or any other coach in the post.

Top Bottom