Meinke Leaves Gopher Program

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
University Of Minnesota head football coach Tim Brewster announced Wednesday that offensive lineman Jason Meinke (Sr., Apple Valley, Minn.) has left the squad.

“Jason has decided to leave the program to focus on academics and finish work on his degree here at the U.,” Brewster said. “We thank Jason for his contributions and his hard work and wish him the best.”

Meinke played in 17 games during his Gopher career, making eight starts.

-UM-

Hmmm...after all last year's injuries I don't like seeing the depth chart getting any smaller.

A senior leaving the program to concentrate on his studies doesn't bother me. He probably saw the writing on the wall and playing time would've been limited unless injuries occurred.

Given the amount and quality of players coming in, I agree with the handwriting on the wall comment as well. Best wishes to him.

Slide1.jpg

Aaaweze

University Of Minnesota head football coach Tim Brewster announced Wednesday that offensive lineman Jason Meinke (Sr., Apple Valley, Minn.) has left the squad.

“Jason has decided to leave the program to focus on academics and finish work on his degree here at the U.,” Brewster said. “We thank Jason for his contributions and his hard work and wish him the best.”

Meinke played in 17 games during his Gopher career, making eight starts.

-UM-

We must certainly have some open scholarships with this loss and the smallish '09 class.

We must certainly have some open scholarships with this loss and the smallish '09 class.

If this opens up a scholarship for 09, are there any late qualifier studs out there we could sign now?

Best of luck to him.

Top Bottom