Medical Redshirt Question

HitMeAgainIAmStillMoving

Reaction score
Can Annexstad apply for a medical redshirt or does he have to apply his standard redshirt first?

From my research it dose not apply if it happens in practice before the season starts.

My understanding (which is based on absolutely nothing but conjecture) is that a medical red-shirt is only applicable if the applicant has already used their traditional red-shirt. Thus basically granting them an additional year of eligibility, be that a 5th or 6th year.... In essence it is a 2nd red-shirt year....

My understanding (which is based on absolutely nothing but conjecture) is that a medical red-shirt is only applicable if the applicant has already used their traditional red-shirt. Thus basically granting them an additional year of eligibility, be that a 5th or 6th year.... In essence it is a 2nd red-shirt year....
I don't know if you are right or wrong but this is how I understood it also.

Maverick is correct. The if it happens in practice comment is asinine.

Ope read the article wrong says you cant get a medical IF you redshirting AND then get injured in practice.

Correct. Use your regular redshirt the first time, medical can be an extra year if you have a second injury hampered year. So if he gets hurt again to the degree where he meets season resort criteria, he would be eligible

Is it possible to get 2 medical redshirts? Or is there a cap

Correct. Use your regular redshirt the first time, medical can be an extra year if you have a second injury hampered year. So if he gets hurt again to the degree where he meets season resort criteria, he would be eligible
This is correct. FWIU, under the new redshirt rule you can’t apply for a medical until you’ve expended the “regular” redshirt.

Medical redshirts are also an application process and are not guaranteed. It seems that they often also include proof of academic progress as well.

ZA will be a redshirt sophomore next year, which is a good thing for him to be.

Top Bottom