Media Prediction Thread: Colorado State at Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score

I hope this one is over by halftime. I enjoy not having to stress during the non conf season

I would guess most of them didn't bother to check the line.

Off Tackle Empire chimes in:

Terrance picked: Gophers, 27-24

What I Want: I think a Gophers cover is in order here. They’re at home, the Rams haven’t shown a ton of offensive prowess against capable defenses in 2016, and Mitch Leidner hitting receivers against real teams needs to happen at some point, right? Show that you can challenge wisconsin, Nebraska, and Iowa for the conference with that weak schedule, Goldy.

http://www.offtackleempire.com/2016...iews-week-3-wake-forest-indiana-nevada-purdue

Go Gophers!!

Fargo Flash on Kfan Gophers 30 Colorado 10

Colorado St is not good on defense to put it mildly. They surprised us with really good line play last year but all those guys are gone and the secondary is Swiss cheese. If the guys are dialed in and don't take them lightly we should be able to score 30-40 points no problem. The odds are with freshman QB without a great supporting cast won't be able to score enough to overcome their lack of defense. Looks like everyone in the media realizes this.

Northwestern is my upset special this week. Wildcats 27 Huskers 24.
Justin Jackson finally finds some holes and rushes for 100+ yards

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Athlon chimes in:

Final Analysis Both Minnesota and Colorado State can run the football, both are capable of stopping the run, and both squads have been solid on special teams. Of course, the Big Ten Gophers are a more talented team overall, and have the benefit of playing at home following a bye. Also, while the Rams are likely to rely heavily on the running game to take pressure off a true freshman quarterback making his first road start, Minnesota can exploit a young Colorado State secondary with its veteran quarterback. It’s reasonable to expect a low-scoring affair early as the two teams fight for field position, but look for Leidner and the Golden Gophers to pull away in the second half.

Prediction: Minnesota 35, Colorado State 21

http://athlonsports.com/college-foo...ta-golden-gophers-preview-and-prediction-2016

Go Gophers!!

MWCConnection chimes in:

These are two different teams from last year. Each teams strengths are different. It all comes down to how each team prepares for the other. If the Rams can contain the Gophers the game should be close. If they don’t, expect another beat down.

The Rams should be able to keep this one close. Final Score: Minnesota 27, Colorado State 20.

http://www.mwcconnection.com/2016/9/23/13024856/colorado-state-minnesota-preview

Go Gophers!!

Yikes, if this game is close we have serious problems and have been sold a bill of goods.

Yikes, if this game is close we have serious problems and have been sold a bill of goods.

This is a game that the Gophs should score at least 35. I'm looking for the defensive backfield to come together more and give up at most two tds. I'd be shocked if this isn't at least a two score differential type game.

Top Bottom