Mbakwe case will take priority

Reaction score
Found this embedded in an article on SI.com:

Mbakwe is scheduled for a Dec. 14 trial date in Miami-Dade County for allegedly punching a woman in the face in Miami in April. His attorney, Gregory Samms, said Tuesday he's been told the case will take priority in court that week and won't be pushed back.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/ncaa/11/03/minnesota.ap/index.html

Just in time for him to be on the court for the B10 games!

Let's be positive! Go Gophers!

There are many things that Gregory Samms will not be able to control. He may have every assurance the court can give him at this point, and things can quickly change based on the whims of the court.

Found this embedded in an article on SI.com:

Mbakwe is scheduled for a Dec. 14 trial date in Miami-Dade County for allegedly punching a woman in the face in Miami in April. His attorney, Gregory Samms, said Tuesday he's been told the case will take priority in court that week and won't be pushed back.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/ncaa/11/03/minnesota.ap/index.html

Just in time for him to be on the court for the B10 games!

Let's be positive! Go Gophers!

if true that is really good news. also hope that there is some possible way that he (perhaps with the court's assistance) is able to get his 4 alibi witnesses down to miami in december. i am sure most (including trevor) would love to see this case resolved in dec 2009 as opposed to it dragging into 2010.

if true that is really good news. also hope that there is some possible way that he (perhaps with the court's assistance) is able to get his 4 alibi witnesses down to miami in december. i am sure most (including trevor) would love to see this case resolved in dec 2009 as opposed to it dragging into 2010.

I imagine his alibi witnesses are already there, due to the fact that the event occurred in Miami.

I imagine his alibi witnesses are already there, due to the fact that the event occurred in Miami.

I thought the witnesses were teammates and are now playing at several different schools across the country.

Top Bottom