Maybe we should start to accept that we are not landing any of the "big three"....

Everyone keep mentioning the Gophers went to the Final Four in 97. It will send Dpo's blood pressure through the roof.:cool02:

How about that '97 team? The 2013 team was the best in 16 years. How sad is that?

if you ask me NCAA tournament performances are overrated, people put way too much stock into 2-4 games at the end of the season and not enough into the other 30+ games before that to evaluate how the team did that season or predicting how they will do the following year, overall i wish more people would care more about college basketball during the regular season and quit the "wake me up for the playoffs" mentality, i enjoy the regular season and November and December a lot more then March(partly because we are always ranked in the top 25 during those months and never during march) that is part of the reason why i was not opposed to the BCS system since the 2 best teams at the end of the season and not some teams that made a lucky cinderella run and it gave more value to the regular season

if you ask me NCAA tournament performances are overrated, people put way too much stock into 2-4 games at the end of the season and not enough into the other 30+ games before that to evaluate how the team did that season or predicting how they will do the following year, overall i wish more people would care more about college basketball during the regular season and quit the "wake me up for the playoffs" mentality, i enjoy the regular season and November and December a lot more then March(partly because we are always ranked in the top 25 during those months and never during march) that is part of the reason why i was not opposed to the BCS system since the 2 best teams at the end of the season and not some teams that made a lucky cinderella run and it gave more value to the regular season
There's still value to the regular season, those games are important to securing an NCAA and like it or not teams are remebered for those six games in March. In Golf no one cares how many tourney you win, your judged on majors, NFL no one but the locals remembers great team if they fail to win a super bowl.

The more teams you include in post-season, the more you devalue the regular season.

How many here remember when only two teams went to post-season in MLB?

The more teams you include in post-season, the more you devalue the regular season.

How many here remember when only two teams went to post-season in MLB?

Count me as one, 19.

BCS still puts emphasis on what have you done lately.

A football team could lose the last game of the season and miss the national title game to another 1 loss team who lost early in the year. Only real exception would be LSU two years ago.

Though, I back to the topic. I believe ruling Tyus out this early is too quick of a conclusion. Tyus could stay, but it all depends on where people commit. Tyus will not want to go to a team where he will have to share the ball with other PG or SG.

Also, Reid could easily come here, but to say that he is going to stay four years is incorrect. The most would be 3 years, and under a good coach, Pitino or Coach K, he will be groomed into a good 3 or 4 NBA prospect. I know that he seems focused on getting his degree from a prestigious college, but there is always time to wrap up the last year or 2 after or during the NBA.

Top Bottom