Maybe I'm wrong, but this is how you know Fleck needs to go

He went for it on 4th and 1 on our own 40. I loved it. Fun at the tailgates fun in the stands. Loved seeing old friends. Wish the team had won but it was a great to be part of atmosphere.
Don't forget how terrible that play call was though...just a reminder of how incompetent our OC's are after giving them time to out think themselves during a timeout.

Per Scoogins:
“The job of the head football coach is to get his team to play hard for 60 minutes and I failed to do that,” Fleck said. “I told [the players] that same thing. It’s unacceptable and it won’t happen again.”
…and again and again and again…🥵
Right

I am a big fan of the Gophers, and wish them the best of luck. Until the last tick on the clock, I always believe they have a chance to win the game. However, I don't know if Fleck will ever have another 2019 season in him. I really think he is a good guy, but his coaching skills seem to be lacking.
Maybe he can turn this team and this season around. I hope so. This just gripes my A^& losing to iowa.

Fleck does need to go. We all know the many different skills a college football coach needs to have to be successful. Pre-NIL Fleck was a very solid recruiter and seemed to be good at creating a culture the kids liked to play under. But NIL money has changed recruiting dramatically. Trying to sell a program is outweighed by how much NIL money a kid can get. The recruiting aspect is all but gone and is now more a business arrangement. Fleck's glaring weakness has always been game day management. He is and has always been very weak here. If Fleck's strength is no longer relevant, than neither is he as HC. I do think that Fleck is a victim here of circumstances beyond his control with the exception of game day coaching which is all on him.
Excellent post, couldn't agree more. His schtick is toast now that NIL and unlimited transfers are around.

Yes, it's like no one is pissed or cares.

It's like an acceptance of how bad we are.

The boredom and apathy is now complete.
That's me now. I don't care which team can pull in leftover portal talent to fill holes better.

Time for a change.
Jason Candle at Toledo wouldn’t be a bad place to start.

Top Bottom