Mayan Ahanotu entered his name into the NCAA Transfer Portal

With all due respect, how do you know he was "pushed out"? Not saying he wasn't, but the reality is that none of us know the exact story and won't know unless the player or coach give it (which they rarely do). He could have decided to transfer for a number of different reasons.

Just because at one point he was projected to be on the 2 deep it doesn't mean that is still the case. Guys develop at different rates, new players come in....there are tons of moving parts that affect the depth chart.

In very general terms (so fact check police calm down) most Power 5 football players think they are going to be playing in the NFL someday. When the time comes in their college career where they can't see a clear path to significant playing time at their school those players are forced to decide if they want to stick it out anyway and accept that they may have to consider life after football, or they go hunting for another place to play.

In the case of Ahanotu, I would think the NFL pull is extremely strong since his dad played in the league. If he didn't realistically feel he could beat out Otomewo and Mafe then I could see where he would want to transfer and try to find somewhere where he has a better shot of landing a starting role. But I am just guessing here.
I’m arguing he was not pushed out because if he was, there would be more logical choices

I’m arguing he was not pushed out because if he was, there would be more logical choices

My bad....would agree with you in that case that it seems unlikely he was pushed out. Probably more of a mutual decision between the player and the staff based on how the roster dynamics were shaking out.

bottom line - here are the possible choices
1. player chose to leave due to playing time or other on-field issues
2. player chose to leave due to issues that have nothing to do with football (girlfriend, homesick?)
3. coaches "encouraged" player to look at other options

But - unless the player or the coaches give a definitive statement, we will never know the reason.

It's really difficult to say, this isn't unusual timing to enter the portal. The players and PJ probably had an honest conversation at the end of the year about where he stood. He stays on scholarship this semester and gets to weigh his options.

Maybe he even participates in spring ball to see where he shakes out. Unlikely, but it's difficult to say.

All of that said, Mayan seems to be behind MDT, Schad, Teague and we have now recruited a number of DTs. At DE, he is behind Otomweo and Mafe, and again, we've recruited a number of DEs. I thought he'd be in the mix for PT, but he'd know how he stacks up against Cheney, Richter, Carter, MJ Anderson, and Harris better than we would.

I was excited about seeing him play, but he will be a third year player without a clear path to PT. So it isn't shocking to me at all.
I don't believe he can play in Spring Ball while in the transfer portal. From what I read before, once you enter the portal you are no longer on the team. The team has to take you back (eliminating your transfer) before you can resume activities.

I don't believe he can play in Spring Ball while in the transfer portal. From what I read before, once you enter the portal you are no longer on the team. The team has to take you back (eliminating your transfer) before you can resume activities.

I am not sure he will, but I believe he can.

The player doesn't automatically lose the scholarship when they enter the portal, the school can just immediately rescind the scholarship. PJ won't rescind his scholarship until the spring.

What’s ugly about it? I highly doubt he was “forced” out.

Now that we are going down the "players get paid" is officially OK road we are going to get more and more of this "oops, I want to play somewhere else" stuff. More and more games are going to be won by those paying the most and that is not going to be us. IMHO.

Now that we are going down the "players get paid" is officially OK road we are going to get more and more of this "oops, I want to play somewhere else" stuff. More and more games are going to be won by those paying the most and that is not going to be us. IMHO.

Um, like college football hasn't already been driven for decades by the schools paying the most?

Some do, some, like the U, fire coaches that do. My point exactly. No one at Lincoln (fill in the blank) will be shocked when Frank Cornhusker pays the star QB at Kentucky $650,000 in small unmarked bills to do five commercials for his new hair saloon once the QB enters the portal and comes to Lincoln. Here, there will be questions, Pulizer Prize stuff and heads will role.

For heading into 3rd year of the program he has had little contribution. Fits the mold of a potential transfer. Did not surprise me one bit. Seeing where he lands might tell more of the story.

A viewpoint that someone is wrong and stupid doesn't contribute to the conversation, just makes it go off topic and into an argument. If you want to play word games that's fine, but I think you know what I meant by that statement.

My post was directly after yours and there was no response to your comment at that time? Look again. It is hilarious how narcissistic you are and loooove to point the finger at others lol. Sense of superiority (everyone else is wrong), talking down to people, over reacting to any form of criticism or questions, probably act significantly different in person than on here, always provoking people and then pointing fingers. Seems like Spoofy to me. Dude, if you really are that delusional I feel bad for you. Don't think that is that hard for many to see on here, except you.
So quoting Someone’s post where they state an opinion and asking them why they feel that way is calling them wrong and stupid and pointing fingers? Isn’t this where you complain again about me having notifications on? Get a grip dude.

For heading into 3rd year of the program he has had little contribution. Fits the mold of a potential transfer. Did not surprise me one bit. Seeing where he lands might tell more of the story.
Does anyone else here read MaxyJr's posts in their head with Mike Max's voice?

So quoting Someone’s post where they state an opinion and asking them why they feel that way is calling them wrong and stupid and pointing fingers? Isn’t this where you complain again about me having notifications on? Get a grip dude.
I mean considering there is no difference in tone when you talk to people serious vs being a sarcastic/argumentative, not sure if you think I am a mind reader, but I am not.

I dont complain about your notifications, I just make fun of it because you literally have them on just to be able to get on here and argue at all hours of the day, which is sad. I apologize that you are so narcissistic you cannot do anything but say “get a grip dude,” or something along those lines deflecting any blame ever.

I mean considering there is no difference in tone when you talk to people serious vs being a sarcastic/argumentative, not sure if you think I am a mind reader, but I am not.

I dont complain about your notifications, I just make fun of it because you literally have them on just to be able to get on here and argue at all hours of the day, which is sad. I apologize that you are so narcissistic you cannot do anything but say “get a grip dude,” or something along those lines deflecting any blame ever.
The bolded part is so precious and so un-self award I can only laugh. Your whole take is to complain about complaining and name calling and then name call. However, it is OK because you can’t tell the ‘tone’ of a written message. You also still seem to be struggling with time zones and what is “all hours of a day”. Get a grip dude.

The bolded part is so precious and so un-self award I can only laugh. Your whole take is to complain about complaining and name calling and then name call. However, it is OK because you can’t tell the ‘tone’ of a written message. You also still seem to be struggling with time zones and what is “all hours of a day”. Get a grip dude.
Go ahead and keep using the same tone so you can spin it either way when someone refutes your statement, good for you bud.

Complaining or calling you out? I guess we can differ on that, I’m not the one that can’t consistently converse with others on the board without getting on a high horse.

Once again the irony in you getting upset by being called narcissistic, considering everyone on here is stupid in your eyes. You literally do this on the daily with multiple people, but keep deflecting.

Once again the irony in you getting upset by being called narcissistic, considering everyone on here is stupid in your eyes. You literally do this on the daily with multiple people, but keep deflecting.
Precious. I’m not upset you called me names - you do that a lot - I’m amused on how un-self aware you are. Glad to know I think everyone is stupid - I’ve never said it, but it must be the tone I use with questions like “why do you think that?” I’ll wait for your notification now.

Does anyone else here read MaxyJr's posts in their head with Mike Max's voice?
That's funny because I tend to visualize or hear posts based on avitars.

Why do I hear Max's voice in my head?

It’s a bummer to see Ahanotu leave. I thought he would be in line for playing time this year.

Top Bottom