Maxx Williams viewed as "cocky" by two NFL teams

Dannyboy

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I guess I understand, my fiance went to high school with him and knows him. He let a lot go to his head since he has been in the spotlight these past couple years.

Thats the second time it's been brought up. Rob Reeves had some good quotes in a recent article saying that he is the polar opposite of that etc. which I believe. Never got a vibe from Maxx that he felt he was too good for anyone.

From what I have looked at recently it seems as though none of the 'experts' have Maxx going in the first round.

If this is true, hope he doesn't slide too much into round two (most seem to be suggesting he won't go beyond the Browns' second pick?).

I know I am biased but I really do see him developing in the Jason Witten mould - not quite as big play spectacular in the NFL as he was in college (no triple hurdles) but reliable game after game, year on year, picking up key first downs on anything in the 3rd and medium range.

As a Gopher fan I hope he gets drafted very high or at least late first round. I just think sometimes the spotlight can make kids a little arrogant. Not saying he's not a good kid I hope he succeeds as much as possible in the NFL, but hopefully his attitude is a good one knowing he went from a virtual unknown QB in high school to a star TE in college to an eventual NFL player.

I guarantee the two teams "leaking" this are the two that want him the most. Smoke Screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guarantee the two teams "leaking" this are the two that want him the most. Smoke Screen.

Will be very interesting to see if this plays out.

Does anyone have a clue regarding who these two teams are?

If this is true, he's probably the first pass catcher in the NFL to ever display a hint of cockiness.

Um, Jeremy Shockey/Rob Gronkowski anyone?...

Yes. The two teams that want him the most.

I think the original article quoted an NFC regional scout feeling there were character issues while it seems the 'Dawg Pound Daily' is making a lot of the most recent regurgitation of the story.

Assuming the smoke screen theory is true, I'm guessing the Browns are trying to give the impression they won't take him in round 2 so either the Seahawks or Packers don't feel they need to take him at the end of round 1.

My guess is Maxx ends up a second rounder and taking road trips with Johnny Football. Maxx might just be be the guy to launch his career.

Anyway, enough of me trying to sum things up like the conclusion of an episode of Scooby Doo. They may have got away with it if it wasn't for us pesky kids.

Matt Miller said it was two teams that have consistently won. So there's that.

Lol, thanks for info Dannyboy - there goes my theory. Perhaps it was old man winkle after all.

Being cocky won't stop him from being drafted high. This is ridiculous. Is he selfish or someone like t.o? Then possibly it's a problem.

PACKERS!

As a Green Bay native and current resident, I'd go get a Maxx jersey day one. Dude would dominate in the green and gold.

If this is true, he's probably the first pass catcher in the NFL to ever display a hint of cockiness.

Completely agree. A star football player who has been touted as a first round draft pick, hard to believe that would go to his head. If only there were precedence with this sort of attitude...

This is all very amusing. I didn't realize until now that NFL scouts had a humble/cocky/narcassist box to check on their evaluation report. I wonder if 33%/33%/33% makes the best team chemistry?

You know who else was viewed as "cocky" and "too good for teams"? The guy who won the MVP last year. I think it turned out ok for Aaron Rodgers. Maxx will be fine if knows his playbook and works hard in practice.

Maxx ain't cocky. He's got swagger in his ass.

Maxx ain't cocky. He's got swagger in his ass.

I don't know who this Swagger guy is, but he has some nerve.

Aaron Rogers would pump hydrogen into Maxx Williams' stat balloon

Being cocky won't stop him from being drafted high. This is ridiculous. Is he selfish or someone like t.o? Then possibly it's a problem.

Correct cocky means nothing. Being able to block means something and he will need to prove that. I think he will need some fortunate circumstances to make an impact right away. He is a project IMO. maybe not.

Correct cocky means nothing. Being able to block means something and he will need to prove that. I think he will need some fortunate circumstances to make an impact right away. He is a project IMO. maybe not.

I don't know that I would consider him a project but agree that he might be a guy that takes a year or two to really establish himself at the pro level. To me a project would be someone drafted in the mid to later rounds that might pan out at some point. Maxx on the other hand will get drafted in the late first/early second round most likely and those guys are rarely viewed as projects.

Also agree 100% that the cocky attitude stuff means nothing. Most professional athletes have a healthy dose of arrogance in their DNA. As long as he backs it up on the field teams won't care if he is a little full of himself. If he doesn't get it done on the field he will be out of work.

Maybe as a blocker but he is maybe the most polished pass catcher in the class for TEs.

Top Bottom