Maxx Williams impressive catch in Ravens preseason game against Saints

jonnyganas

Reaction score
http://minnesota.247sports.com/Bolt/Ravens-tight-end-Maxx-Williams-impresses-with-late-game-catch-38736832

Rookie tight end Maxx Williams gave a glimpse late in Thursday night's 30-27 exhibition win over the New Orleans Saints of what made him the top-rated tight end prospect in the 2015 NFL Draft.

Williams, whom the Ravens traded up to select in the second round of the draft, made a huge catch and run during his team's game-winning fourth quarter drive. On a 4th-and-20 play, Williams made a catch, leaped past a defender, then plowed over another on his way to a first down.

"That was unbelievable," tight end Crockett Gillmore said, per Jamison Henlsey of ESPN.com.

Williams gave the Ravens a first down with less than 40 seconds left in the game. The Ravens were able to score on a 1-yard touchdown run by quarterback Bryn Renner with two seconds left to play.

"The only thing that was going through my mind was I knew it was fourth down, so I couldn’t run [out of bounds] and stop the clock," Williams said. "I knew I just had to run."

MG2lFKf.gif

Pro-bowler in a year or two... fingers crossed.

Good for Maxx but it sure would have been fun to watch him this year as a Gopher.

Man, he just punished that d-back at the end.

Unbelievably after such a long drought, a Gophers in the NFL thread would make a lot of sense. Cobb was great tonight

Top Bottom