Maxx Williams and Nick Rallis underrated by Rivals?

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
I am a little perplexed by Rivals' failure to rate Maxx Williams and Nick rallis to date. Presumably, Rivals tries to rate all of the guys it thinks are the top guys in each state and at each position. Scout has both guys as rated three stars and both are on the Butkus watch list. On Rivals, neither has even been rated and are obviously not on the Minnesota Top 10 list (#10 on this list carries a 5.3 three star rating.

These two are the types that I am most excited for in the Kill era. Not four star blue chippers but plenty of potential and some general belief that they are smart, strong DI competitors. I think that over the next few years these are the types of guys that are going to be starters and making big plays under Kill's system.

I am a little perplexed by Rivals' failure to rate Maxx Williams and Nick rallis to date. Presumably, Rivals tries to rate all of the guys it thinks are the top guys in each state and at each position. Scout has both guys as rated three stars and both are on the Butkus watch list. On Rivals, neither has even been rated and are obviously not on the Minnesota Top 10 list (#10 on this list carries a 5.3 three star rating.

These two are the types that I am most excited for in the Kill era. Not four star blue chippers but plenty of potential and some general belief that they are smart, strong DI competitors. I think that over the next few years these are the types of guys that are going to be starters and making big plays under Kill's system.

I wouldn't worry about it a whole lot. They are who they are regardless of how Rivals rates them. Additionally, I wouldn't assume that they aren't in their top 10 because they aren't rated, I would take that as they simply haven't been rated yet.

For instance, we had guys who had committed who were given 2 stars earlier than guys who were rated later and given 3 stars. So, my point is that it's not like they rate the players from the very top to the very bottom. There are guys who are unranked right now who will be rated higher than guys who already have rankings.

I wouldn't worry about it a whole lot. They are who they are regardless of how Rivals rates them. Additionally, I wouldn't assume that they aren't in their top 10 because they aren't rated, I would take that as they simply haven't been rated yet.

For instance, we had guys who had committed who were given 2 stars earlier than guys who were rated later and given 3 stars. So, my point is that it's not like they rate the players from the very top to the very bottom. There are guys who are unranked right now who will be rated higher than guys who already have rankings.

Yes, that is my point exactly. I probably shouldn't have used the term "underrated" because they aren't rated at all. I just take that as a sign that Rivals doesn't hold them in the esteem they probably deserve, which shows the relatively low value of such ratings. You obviously said it better than I did.

Scout does a better job evaluating the midwest kids, I think Rivals just recently even got a Midwest evaluator. I wouldn't worry about it a whole lot, from what was coming out of the summer camps Maxx was probably the most impressive athlete to participate (relative to position). Sounds like he is a very big boy with a very smooth stride.

Scout does a better job evaluating the midwest kids, I think Rivals just recently even got a Midwest evaluator. I wouldn't worry about it a whole lot, from what was coming out of the summer camps Maxx was probably the most impressive athlete to participate (relative to position). Sounds like he is a very big boy with a very smooth stride.

Sonny....i've heard similar things about Maxx Williams. I've heard the kid is just packing on the weight (in a good way) and might even end up a DE.

Top Bottom