Max Shikenjanski

Ragnor

Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">👀〽️🛶 <a href="https://twitter.com/GopherFootball?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@GopherFootball</a> <a href="https://t.co/kcCqa8iCPV">pic.twitter.com/kcCqa8iCPV</a></p>&mdash; Max (@MaxShikenjanski) <a href="">October 19, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I was super impressed by his basketball prowess, especially passing the ball, he seemed like a wizard. I know he has been offered a football PWO and would love to see he join the team next year. Seems more possible with his Citadel BB decommit.

Wow, so he's all grown up! My most random (Gopher) celebrity sighting was Jim Shikenjanski and his son outside Fenway Park about 6-8 years ago. They were wearing Shikenjanski Twins jerseys, and how many others have that name and are super tall?

Hoping he finds his way to the U.

I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would go to a military school, unless you were accepted into one of the Service Academies (which is a huge deal and honor.)

He needs to play LB! That is a perfect last name for a MLB.

I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would go to a military school, unless you were accepted into one of the Service Academies (which is a huge deal and honor.)
This doesn't answer your actual question, but FYI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_senior_military_college

Lot of schools, including the U, have robust ROTC programs that even offer scholarships.

But yeah, as to why you would want to go to VMI or The Citadel, not sure. Maybe you applied but got rejected from a Service Academy and that's the next best thing? Like having to settle for Brown because you couldn't get into Harvard?

Not sure I've ever seen a college commitment in one sport, then a decommit so they can commit to a different school in an entirely different sport. That's pretty wild.
Jake Ratlzaff decommitted from Gopher hockey to play badger football. So like this kid but with top schools in both sports.

The Citadel is a very good school with a beautiful campus.

For the 10th consecutive year, The Citadel maintains the distinction of being ranked the #1 Top Public School in the South offering up to a master’s degree by U.S. News & World Report. The Citadel is ranked #2 overall in the South when private and public institutions are combined.

How The Citadel ranks

The Citadel’s most prominent rankings in the newest 2021 Best Colleges rankings include:

#1 Public University in the South; #2 overall

#1 for Veterans, Regional Universities South

#11 Best Value in the South

#9 Nationally for Undergraduate Civil Engineering

#17 Nationally for Undergraduate Engineering

#6 Best Undergraduate Teaching, Regional Universities South

#12 Most innovative schools, Regional Universities South

just out of curiosity - has anyone seen him play in person?

I guess my question comes down to this - is he really a D1 QB prospect, or are they looking at him as an 'athlete' who could be moved to another position?

call me skeptical, but you don't see a lot of guys come in as a PWO and wind up starting at QB at that level. But, if you're a good athlete, you could begin as a PWO and find playing time at another position.

I guess my question comes down to this - is he really a D1 QB prospect, or are they looking at him as an 'athlete' who could be moved to another position?

call me skeptical, but you don't see a lot of guys come in as a PWO and wind up starting at QB at that level. But, if you're a good athlete, you could begin as a PWO and find playing time at another position.
Did the starting QB at Georgia start out as a walk-on there?

Not sure I've ever seen a college commitment in one sport, then a decommit so they can commit to a different school in an entirely different sport. That's pretty wild.
It happens quite a bit, actually. Ratzlaff was mentioned earlier, and JD Spielman dropped his commitment to Ohio St. lacrosse to play football for Nebraska.

He just looked different than every other kid on the field. And I’m sure he has to have be been recruited as an athlete.

I could see him developing into a B1G-caliber QB. But it is probably more likely he contributes some other way.

It’s rare that a walk-on QB ends up being a standout QB, but it definitely happens. Baker Mayfield and Spencer Bennett we’re both walk-ons.

He just looked different than every other kid on the field. And I’m sure he has to have be been recruited as an athlete.

I could see him developing into a B1G-caliber QB. But it is probably more likely he contributes some other way.

It’s rare that a walk-on QB ends up being a standout QB, but it definitely happens. Baker Mayfield and Spencer Bennett we’re both walk-ons.
Got another Taysom Hill on our hands?

Top Bottom