Maverick Baranowski Flips to Minnesota

I know the Gopherhole had this commitment on the main page, but this article had some additional info and pictures so I thought I would post it. Hey -- this guy deserves his own thread!!

Nice writeup. Odd that he has no recruiting rankings but sure the sites will get an eval on him soon. Mom and Dad don't look thrilled to be standing there in the snowstorm :)

Was pointed out in the other thread that flipping a guy named Maverick from the Air Force academy feels wrong, but looks like he could be a solid pickup and nice addition to the class.

Nice writeup. Odd that he has no recruiting rankings but sure the sites will get an eval on him soon. Mom and Dad don't look thrilled to be standing there in the snowstorm :)

Was pointed out in the other thread that flipping a guy named Maverick from the Air Force academy feels wrong, but looks like he could be a solid pickup and nice addition to the class.
True. They don’t look thrilled to be standing in the middle of a snowstorm. But he would have seen plenty of snow at Air Force too. This looks like a sneaky-good addition on Rossi’s part.

I know the Gopherhole had this commitment on the main page, but this article had some additional info and pictures so I thought I would post it. Hey -- this guy deserves his own thread!!
Yup, nice article and intriguing, under the radar recruit with offers from all the service academies. Wonder how he got on the staff's radar and what made them offer him so late in the process. Love that he already said "elite" in his interview lol...

He disagrees with the flipping observation -

1639411363479.jpeg

In my view of the picture, the parents are fine. They are probably squinting a bit due to the wind and snow.

We're also recruiting an edge rusher in 2023 named Maverick.

Sounds like a great kid... I do feel kind of guilty for being excited that we flipped a kid that was going to be attending a service academy, but if he ends up being a stud for us I will get over it quickly!

Rankings just came in for him at a 3* - 83. Puts him just above Alvarez, kind of feel like this is the default for where they stick kids they don't really have much of a read on. :)

Rankings just came in for him at a 3* - 83. Puts him just above Alvarez, kind of feel like this is the default for where they stick kids they don't really have much of a read on. :)
..... or they didn't even look at the film, and just saw him commit to a P5?

Good enough athlete to be recruited as a D3 volleyball player.

Obviously a good student and citizen if AFA offered.

Lots of potential.

So disappointed the coils weren't on for his visit. Maybe it worked in the Gophers favor anyway.
Speaking of the coils, do the Gophers actually turn them on during the fall since we have them might as well use them or do they not use them? We had great weather this year so a warm field wasn't much of an issue but just curious since they are buried what is the policy for them?

Top Bottom