Maturi's Contribion to Comedy

Drake University Gopher

Reaction score
Besides having our Gophers as the laughing stock of the NCAAs...

My parents were able to speak with Maturi before the NDSU game at the UM Pharmacy Alumni event and learned that he coached Chris Farley in high school. I don't know if this was already known, but he was actually the man who the motivational speaker character (van down by the river) was based off. Hilarious.

My parents were able to speak with Maturi before the NDSU game at the UM Pharmacy Alumni event and learned that he coached Chris Farley in high school. I don't know if this was already known, but he was actually the man who the motivational speaker character (van down by the river) was based off. Hilarious.

He's mentioned this several times before. Now, since Farley is dead, there's no way to confirm that Maturi was actually the inspiration for Matt Foley, but if it's true, it's probably the only positive contribution to society that Maturi will ever have.

Maturi's Contribution to Comedy

And you posted this topic twice for what reason?

Top Bottom