Maturi: U ‘Behind 8-Ball’ for Facility; won’t place a timeline on construction

...During the last few months the University has started meeting with potential donors. “The good news is the process has begun,” Maturi said...

Wow, Joel started to talk to potential donors in "the last few months". Way to jump right on this thing Joel.

Basketball pays the frieght at Minnesota yet Joel can't seem to get started on the Basketball facility before he finishes the rediculous baseball stadium. He has his priorities all screwed up. If the Gopher nine can't draw at Target Field why does anyone think an on campus stadium will be any better? We have many places the baseball team can play. They are a drain on the athlectic program but they will likely get a new stadium before Tubby gets the facility he was promised over five years ago. Absurd!

3-4 years ago they were completing a 90 million dollar fundraising project for the facility across the street from Williams. Speaking of four years ago, Ohio State began raising 22 million for basketball facilities. They still aren't close four years ago. Last spring they cut the project into two parts and still haven't raised enough for the first half. But hey, that must be Maturi's fault.

I thought it's been full steam ahead since early this fall for this tOSU project, with an expected completion date is a year and a half from now. Haven't kept up with it much, but sure I heard that a few months ago.

This 'beginning to talk to donors' statement is odd, considering I have a friend who was targeted & wooed last year as a potential donor. So I don't understand what this means. We are beginning again? Or over a year they are still just beginning?

Top Bottom