Maturi Takes a Hit in San Diego

Not to be mean but...

So what?
If people like the coach, and someone takes him away, it is not popular. As for during the season, the phone rang and he answered it. The same for SDSU's admin. Not sure of your point.
Lots of coaches move in the time between last regular season, and the bowls, DB Holtz/Gutey ring any bells?

I'm glad the writer is pissed...means Maturi might get this right after all....

Wow. It sounds like Maturi has some seeds here. I like it!

Not sure what is to be gained by grousing in this manner. It comes off as only sour grapes.

Yeah, pretty intemperate and unprofessional stuff from this writer. The only thing I read that surprised me was that Maturi didn't get prior permission to talk to Hoke in-season. I thought that was an indispensable first step in the process.

As Maturi always says when they ask about Tubby rumors, I'll get a call about Tubby when he's already gone. You get the call right before they're about to sign the deal, not before. We didn't call Kentucky until Tubby already said yes either. He will call the SDSU AD before it's over. The face that he hasn't yet, means it's not a done deal yet.

Kind of like here. Only SD won't have to deal with him anymore.

Another example of the absolutely bush league handling of the situation. Maturi learned NOTHING while he botched his first football hire here at the University of Minnesota.

I don't agree with the article, but I do agree with the sentiment.

The first thing that should have been done after the Purdue game was a firing of Maturi.

My only hope is that "they" are letting him fly commercial all over the country to keep him busy and away from the real hiring process.

My hope is that the win yesterday was something to build off of, not an anomaly in Maturi's effort to completely destroy Gopher football.

Thanks for posting the link to the article.

As far as the attitudes in San Diego who gives a rat's.....

RatsAss.jpg

As Maturi always says when they ask about Tubby rumors, I'll get a call about Tubby when he's already gone. You get the call right before they're about to sign the deal, not before. We didn't call Kentucky until Tubby already said yes either. He will call the SDSU AD before it's over. The face that he hasn't yet, means it's not a done deal yet.

That wasn't during the season. I'm surprised if Maturi talked to a coach during the season without getting permission from the other AD first. Even if it isn't absolutely required, it is a professional courtesy.

Now watch someone call me a pollyanna for using the word courtesy, but courtesy is just part of running a good professional operation.

Top Bottom