Maturi signs Brewster

GopherKISS

Reaction score
$25 Million for 3 more years.

FACT:

Want to rip coach- How about last 38 seconds before half on own 31 & TWO timeouts, and Gophers knee it to kill clock. Instead why not on 3rd down throw it deep & see what happens? Who knows U may get shot at FG? And if INT who cares,because it's like a punt. Instead Brewster intentionally runs out clock, just like he did last year at Madison! Stupid! Especially when passing (Weber-Decker) is your strength. For those reasons, Brewster should be fired!

FACT:

Want to rip coach- How about last 38 seconds before half on own 31 & TWO timeouts, and Gophers knee it to kill clock. Instead why not on 3rd down throw it deep & see what happens? Who knows U may get shot at FG? And if INT who cares,because it's like a punt. Instead Brewster intentionally runs out clock, just like he did last year at Madison! Stupid! Especially when passing (Weber-Decker) is your strength. For those reasons, Brewster should be fired!

Good idea. Let's throw it & then potentially be forced to punt. Hmmmm. Yea...that seems like a smart move.

Uhhhhh....did you realize we had the lead going into half? Do you remember NW (sorry, NU) last year at the end of regulation?

Oh yea, did you realize it was a rainy/wet field conditions?

why not

throw deep on every play?

this set the tone that we were playin not to lose the game. we go hard here and score at least a FG, we win the game. just my thoughts our coaches sent a message that they had no confidence in our players.

Running out the clock there was the correct play from that field position. If you happen to break a run on downs 1-3, then you re-evaluate and take your chances and at least try to get three. The last thing you want to do is give Wisconsin the ball on a relatively short field since they also had timeouts left.

Please go take Football 101 and then come back.

Running out the clock there was the correct play from that field position. If you happen to break a run on downs 1-3, then you re-evaluate and take your chances and at least try to get three. The last thing you want to do is give Wisconsin the ball on a relatively short field since they also had timeouts left.

Please go take Football 101 and then come back.

You contradicted yourself in your own post. They didn't even try running, they just let the clock run down and walked off the field. I'd agree, you don't take a stupid chance there, but at least run some low-risk plays and see what happens. You might break one. I don't care if we're up 3 points there, our coaches gave away the momentum by running down the clock (with 2 timeouts left, mind you) and not trying to at least put another FG on the board. Dumb.

Minnesota-Michigan 2005 comes into mind but also Minnesota-Northwestern 2008.......

FACT:

Wisconsin had three timeouts. It was the correct call.

The first year Brew was here, on his lst radio show, I asked him if he was the kind of coach who played to win or played not to lose (ala Mason). He lied!

The first year Brew was here, on his lst radio show, I asked him if he was the kind of coach who played to win or played not to lose (ala Mason). He lied!

Is that why he had Weber throwing the ball from his own 10 in a tied game against Northwestern last year with a minute to play?

Is that why he went for it on fourth and one instead of kicking a game tying field against Northern Illinois?

Is that why he went for two in double overtime against Northwestern in 2007?

Is that why he called a fake punt deep in his own territory against Illinois in the first half last season?

FACT:

this post is, well, um, dumb! I think the majority of you people on the fire brewster bandwagon need to get a clue! your hate for wisconsin/iowa etc is over-shadowing what is being built here. brewster is building a foundation, those of you who thought this could happen overnight need to quit drinking the usc kool aid! we went from 1-11, to 7-5, and this season I think many of you guys had unrealistic ideas of what would happen. I figured we would have nearly the same record but a much improved team playing a much more difficult schedule. brewster made the right call protecting a lead in the first half, I don't like the idea of weber dropping back on the wrong side of the field with the horrid blocking up front! if they go ahead and try to pass, weber gets sacked & fumbles-sconi's recover kick a field goal or score a td, how does brew explain that? we are not some offensive juggernaut that can score at will! we need to protect the ball and leads because we won't blow anyone out, but we won't be blown out either!

...this didn't really happen, did it? (Not saying I wouldn't be ok with it)

I think that contract would make him one of the highest paid coaches in all of competitive football, so no, it didn't happen.

I think the screwed up on-side kick formation sealed the non-deal.

Maturi is happy we're good, but not good enough to beat wisconsin. Yup, extension is no surprise.

You guys who disagree with GopherKISS just don't get it. Weber should have just thrown a TOUCHDOWN pass in the last 38 seconds. Anybody can see that. It is just that simple. Right GopherKISS?

Snafus notwithstanding, the Gs played reasonably well in the first half, had the lead and Brew definitely wanted that mo into halftime locker...he didn't want to be dealing with a typical G f*up.

Also, the Gs have had a history this year of playing better in the 2nd half than the first and coming on especially strong in the 4Q. Unfortunately, Clay ran wild in the last half and Cos/Brew-DL didn't have the answers and neither did the OL.

Top Bottom