Maturi on Barriero

GVBadger

Reaction score
I know a lot of you don't listen to KFAN, but for those that do, Maturi is going to be on and will be discussing some of the topics that have been on this board. Standing, sitting, etc.

Thanks for the heads up...coming up next.

Listening online...interesting there is a commercial on right before the AD is scheduled to appear and in that ad Barreiro is savaging Brewster....but oh well. Gotta love the 'fan.

Dang... someone get us a recap...

he just said you're not allowed to stand up if:

1) your a young whipper snapper and have no respect for your elders
2) are in section 231
3) there are future Gopher fans sitting behind you
4) your bench has an temperature of over 40 degrees.
5) anyone within 10 rows of you does not feel like standing.

This is a very embarrassing controversy. I can't wait for the day when the Gophers win some football games and all of this b.s. goes away.

Then we will REALLY all be standing!!!:clap::clap::clap:

This is kind of a weird response from you, since you've posted six times today in regards to standers vs. sitters. If you really want it to go away, why keep bringing it up?

I just meant that we would be excited if they won a lot and standing more. When did I say I wanted it to go away? I said I didn't think it was that big of an issue, clearly others do, including yourself since you have read all the threads. (since your counting, #7).

Haha, Oak Street must be writing into Barreiro. Someone is outraged that the band doesn't march down University Avenue.

That was the weakest interview ever. With all of the ripping the station does of Brew, he spent nearly the entire time on the stadium -what?

That was garbage.

That was the weakest interview ever. With all of the ripping the station does of Brew, he spent nearly the entire time on the stadium -what?

That was garbage.

To be fair, that is exactly what he stated the interview was to be about and seemed to be what Maturi was on to discuss.

Summary for those of us not able to listen to KFAN?

Summary for those of us not able to listen to KFAN?

Summary would be nice (since I'm lazy and this doesn't seem like it is worth a lot of effort), but to let you know, you can listen to KFAN online, either live, or you can pick up IPODs/MP3's of the day's (or the week's) shows from the station's website.

His answers were a little vague. He seems to think that the move form the Dump to TCF is why there is an influx of these standing vs sitting problems. Sounds like people are going to have to request different seats if they are unhappy with those around them. Also, said that Coach Brew did ask the fans to stand on third downs. He talked about a few of the other issues with the stadium and about the season. He wants Minnesota to become a program the reloads, not rebuilds. He does think that the team's talent and depth is improved from a few seasons ago.

Summary would be nice (since I'm lazy and this doesn't seem like it is worth a lot of effort), but to let you know, you can listen to KFAN online, either live, or you can pick up IPODs/MP3's of the day's (or the week's) shows from the station's website.

Ha ha...yea, I'm a little lazy/busy myself and would prefer not to have to listen to Barriero if I could get a summary here. :)

Thanks gloved!

I had very high expectations for TCF and I am not

Haha, Oak Street must be writing into Barreiro. Someone is outraged that the band doesn't march down University Avenue.

some fringe person when it comes to this University march issue. Many fans are POed about this.

I did not write this e mail though.

On to the topic of the thread:

the whining sitters need to get over it. People should be standing up and making noise when the oppenent has the ball, especially when the ball is right in front of your section. I do not stand as much as some around me, but those ignorant fans behind me have used up their down in front quota for the year.

I am not sure what is worse, their complaining about the standers, or their complete ignorance of football. "why did he fumble, idiot", "why would they run the ball on 3rd and 3!", How could Decker not catch that!, what does SKI U MAH mean, that official is on the take because he mis-spotted the ball, I am 63, wear a toupe, Wacker era gear and need a cigarette and my wife is really stupid, (ok not that last one) ect?"

Third down is not the only time this should happen, especially early in a big game like the Wisconsin game.

Williams Arena before the grey hairs and corporate pricks took over all the lower deck mid court seats is the model we should aspire to at TCF. The barn from the Musselman era to the Clem era was not a haven for the sitter/ Michigan wine and cheese crowd.

Move seats if unhappy

Maturi basically said this is an issue due to older fans used to being able to sit down the whole game due to people they sat next to in the dome not standing. Now the crowd has been mixed up. I knew this would happen when the older fans that sat between the 30's in the dome decided they didn't want to pay extra for their seats and are now sitting with generally younger fans throughout TCF. The U and Coach Brew like the louder crowd at TCF.

Basically his solution to the standers/sitters is for those unhappy to move their seats next year. For example if you don't want to stand, get seats in the first rows of the first or second deck.

Seat moves: Does anyone have a guess on how that is supposed to work?

Seat moves

If you want to sit, play some $ and sit between the 20's as those fans seem older and do not stand as much or request tickets in the first 5 rows anywhere in the stadium. If you like to stand, request seats in the last 10 rows of either deck. It's not that hard.

It may take a few years to find a perfect seat with fans around you that like to cheer the same level that you do.

Lord, this is the STUPIDIST controversy ever!!

Watch a PSU game or a game in the ACC or SEC or BIG 12, do you see those fans sitting on their duffs?? NO! They are standing, cheering and supporting their team.

I lived in Minnesota for the first 27 years of my life, but GOD this "issue" is just absolutely asinine. If you are so incapable of standing, request a seat in the handicap section. Otherwise, get up off your ass and cheer or stay the hell home.

Lord, this is the STUPIDIST controversy ever!!

Watch a PSU game or a game in the ACC or SEC or BIG 12, do you see those fans sitting on their duffs?? NO! They are standing, cheering and supporting their team.

I lived in Minnesota for the first 27 years of my life, but GOD this "issue" is just absolutely asinine. If you are so incapable of standing, request a seat in the handicap section. Otherwise, get up off your ass and cheer or stay the hell home.

So kids are handicapped? A kid standing up still won't see over an adult. The consensus is clear...standing is fine, just do it courteously (aka: not all game). Schools elsewhere in the country don't have tons of non-student fans standing all game either.

this is the STUPIDIST controversy ever!!

moran.jpg

Top Bottom