Maturi needs to go first

GopherFish

Reaction score
Joel Maturi is the bigger problem. He has ruined both the football and basketball programs. Give Joel the boot.

Joel Maturi is the bigger problem. He has ruined both the football and basketball programs. Give Joel the boot.

This might be the one post that brings the Gopherhole into agreement.

It'd be interesting to see what Tubby could do during the last two seasons of his contract with competent assistants and a competent AD.

I can't believe they haven't announced his June 30th retirement yet. I swear if he gets an extension it will be new low point in Gopher athletics.

I'm confused. How did Maturi ruin the basketball program? He almost had a street on campus named after him for hiring Tubby Smith.....but now all of a sudden it MACturi's fault that Tubby has lost 9 conference games in a row and the program is spiraling out of control?

Oh, and don't gimme that B.S. about Royce White and Mbakwe being suspended. That's on the players. It's not that difficult to keep your nose clean. 99% of college b-ball players manage to do it.

Which is it folks? Does Maturi miss FT's at the end of the game? Does Maturi not guard the perimeter and let a very medicore Purdue team light you up? Oh, I get it.....it's the practice facility. Yeah...that's why :cool02:

I'm confused. How did Maturi ruin the basketball program? He almost had a street on campus named after him for hiring Tubby Smith.....but now all of a sudden it MACturi's fault that Tubby has lost 9 conference games in a row and the program is spiraling out of control?

Oh, and don't gimme that B.S. about Royce White and Mbakwe being suspended. That's on the players. It's not that difficult to keep your nose clean. 99% of college b-ball players manage to do it.

Which is it folks? Does Maturi miss FT's at the end of the game? Does Maturi not guard the perimeter and let a very medicore Purdue team light you up? Oh, I get it.....it's the practice facility. Yeah...that's why :cool02:

Who wanted to name a street after him? The fiasco he pulled with Monson in March 2006 was as bad as anything he's done, IMO. His handling of the White and Mbakwe situations were hardly hardly those of a great, confident AD. The practice facility situation is a mess. He promised Tubby he would get one and nothing is even remotely close 5 years later. Finally the handling of Tubby's extension is a joke, even if it somehow ends up being good in the end. For all we know, we're on the hook for more money, even if it's not 'signed' yet.

Tubby fell in his lap. He deserves some credit for closing the deal and it's not entirely his fault it hasn't worked. But he hasn't helped the situtation one bit.

Top Bottom