Maturi Let Royce Play Now

FireMaturi

Reaction score
Maturi let Royce play NOW!!!!!

He's served his punishment and you need to let him play now.

IF UCLA can let Dragovic play with a felony charge, with no apparent repercussions, then no reason why our players couldn't have been afforded the benefit of the doubt.

Well, you can definitely tell we lost a game:

Gophermanic is back telling us all how smart he is and how bad the Gophers are.

And we have a new "get Royce in there" thread.

Yep all the signs definitely point to another loss. :clap:

Well, you can definitely tell we lost a game:

Gophermanic is back telling us all how smart he is and how bad the Gophers are.

And we have a new "get Royce in there" thread.

Yep all the signs definitely point to another loss. :clap:
Yep - as if it weren't painful enough!

The way Sid sounded this morning he may be going down to the City attorneys office tomorrow morning.

I hope so, but it shouldn't even require that. Royce hasn't been charged and this is becoming a cold case. Being one of many in a dorm building in which a notebook was taken and later returned is no reason to put his basketball career on hold. Its a complete farce and Maturi is the main culprit in keeping Royce out.

Maturi set a precedent with Trevor saying Trevor couldn't play with criminal case pending and now he thinks he can't let Royce play because Royce was considered a "possible suspect." Hogwash! Trevor's case involves actual charges and a felony case. Royce isn't charged and almost certainly won't be. "Possible Suspect" isn't even a suspect...it just means you were one of many hundreds in a dorm building. I think most believe Royce was only called this, to try and pressure him to help locate and name the actual thief or unauthorized borrower of the notebook and Royce says he has no idea who did it. Time to say case closed on this travesty and let him play and in the very remote event (less than 1% chance) that Royce is ever charged he can be suspended at that time.

I actually agree. Let Royce play unless and until he is charged with a crime.

Isn't Royce's suspension from Tubby and Mbakwe's from Minnesota (i.e. Maturi)? I guess I was under the impression that Royce's being suspended had more to do with his overall bad behavior (e.g. kicked out of two dorms, MOA incident) than it did the laptop issue specifically.

I hope so, but it shouldn't even require that. Royce hasn't been charged and this is becoming a cold case. Being one of many in a dorm building in which a notebook was taken and later returned is no reason to put his basketball career on hold. Its a complete farce and Maturi is the main culprit in keeping Royce out.

I completely agree. Maturi has no balls whatsoever. He is afraid of public scrutiny. There is no reason why White shouldn't be reinstated unless there is something we don't know. Trevor is even more sad because his case is being delayed by logistics and a horrible lawyer. We should stand by our players in circumstances like this. Maturi is a dolt.

The way Sid sounded this morning he may be going down to the City attorneys office tomorrow morning.

Three days ago he went to Target Field and couldn't find the door. What makes you think he would fare much better at the City Attorney's office?

Maturi set a precedent with Trevor saying Trevor couldn't play with criminal case pending and now he thinks he can't let Royce play because Royce was considered a "possible suspect." Hogwash! Trevor's case involves actual charges and a felony case. Royce isn't charged and almost certainly won't be. "Possible Suspect" isn't even a suspect...it just means you were one of many hundreds in a dorm building. I think most believe Royce was only called this, to try and pressure him to help locate and name the actual thief or unauthorized borrower of the notebook and Royce says he has no idea who did it. Time to say case closed on this travesty and let him play and in the very remote event (less than 1% chance) that Royce is ever charged he can be suspended at that time.

+1000

Royce White is not playing because he pleaded guilty to theft and assault. White has a lot of work to do before he earns the privilege of representing the U of M in a Gopher uniform. He can start by telling every citizen in Minnesota that he is sorry for letting them down and hurting the reputation of the U. Up to this point he has been acting like complete jerk who thinks he is owed something because he can play basketball better than most people. Other colleges have have kicked players off their teams for less than what White has done. There are many more deserving players who should get the free education offered by the U to their student athletes.

Royce White quit. Was there another You Tube video announcing his "return"?

Royce White is not playing because he pleaded guilty to theft and assault. White has a lot of work to do before he earns the privilege of representing the U of M in a Gopher uniform. He can start by telling every citizen in Minnesota that he is sorry for letting them down and hurting the reputation of the U. Up to this point he has been acting like complete jerk who thinks he is owed something because he can play basketball better than most people. Other colleges have have kicked players off their teams for less than what White has done. There are many more deserving players who should get the free education offered by the U to their student athletes.

If you are going to go all sanctimonious, at least get your facts right. He did not plead guilty to assault charge, it was disorderly conduct. Royce has admitted he took pair of jeans and t-shirt and and he's paid a heavy price already for this. Its time to let Royce play.

Great, we've got Upnorth and Art tag-teaming in here. I thought the loss was enough to deal with.

I know you are uneducated but I thought you could at least read??? When did he plead guilty to assault??????????????

Royce White quit. Was there another You Tube video announcing his "return"?

This one never gets old for me. :p

I was against bringing White back from the very beginning-until all issues are cleared up (which I didn't think ever would be), but the way the authorities have handled this is embarrassing. Not that I have any faith in the process, but come on! How long does a petty case like this take to wrap-up?

He was convicted for shoplifting and entered a dorm when he was not supposed to. He should serve the penalty for those actions and nothing more.

The laptop theft case should not have any berring on his suspension unless he is charged. Being a person of interest should have nothing to do with anything.

What happened to the Sixth Ammendment for all you law and order types.

Yet another "new" poster who's a pal of White.

So, FireMaturi ... what are the other names you've used on this board so far?

I'm frustrated with this season considering we lost nothing from last year's team and are a worse team so far this season. I'm not angry at Coach Smith or Athletic Director Maturi, I'm disappointed at Royce White and if the facts point to guilt, Trevor Mbwake too. Royce White hasn't shown a whole lot of humility here and made a fool of himself and brought negative attention to the program since his suspension. His committment also affected two recuiting classes.

The MOA incident is his fault. He's also played a role with the fact that the laptop investigation is still going on. Royce White chose to keep it real and not cooperate with investigators and they needed to take more time to identify his party. Furthermore, if you were a veteran investigator, would you go out of your way to finish a case so some 18 year old who wouldn't cooperate with you could get on with his basketball career? I don't blame the police at all for taking their time and going on vacation if he did indeed refuse to cooperate. Royce White is the party that needed the case closed, not the PD.

let Royce Play!

He has paid his penalty---everyone deserves a second strike!
By the way, it is time that this fan base set the standards for play higher and start expecting to win. Maybe then, the kids with Big ten talent and potential will start to make FT's,Shots, and make better decisions on the Basketball court.
Those who have ever coached know this phoenema of psychology to be true.
Example, Look at the NY jets this year! The standards for success are too low for some people on this site and these kids will match that standard everytime! Too many fans on this board want to reward a team for a loss to a pathetic Indiana team. Also, Just because a kid hussels and is a nice kid does not mean he represents the University well. This is Big Time college Athletics in which the University spends and recieves big time money. To fully represent the UofM they should also be expected to WIN! Some players might better represent a good D2 school and have more fun in the process, hence freeing up scholorships for players who will fully represent the UofM.

Let's set the team Expectations Higher and Give Royce ONE last Chance to play with
the proper expectations for School work, Hussel, personal and player development, and Wins.

let Royce Play!

He has paid his penalty---everyone deserves a second strike!
By the way, it is time that this fan base set the standards for play higher and start expecting to win. Maybe then, the kids with Big ten talent and potential will start to make FT's,Shots, and make better decisions on the Basketball court.
Those who have ever coached know this phoenema of psychology to be true.
Example, Look at the NY jets this year! The standards for success are too low for some people on this site and these kids will match that standard everytime! Too many fans on this board want to reward a team for a loss to a pathetic Indiana team. Also, Just because a kid hussels and is a nice kid does not mean he represents the University well. This is Big Time college Athletics in which the University spends and recieves big time money. To fully represent the UofM they should also be expected to WIN! Some players might better represent a good D2 school and have more fun in the process, hence freeing up scholorships for players who will fully represent the UofM.

Let's set the team Expectations Higher and Give Royce ONE last Chance to play with
the proper expectations for School work, Hussel, personal and player development, and Wins.

So what you are saying is if all us posters on GH 'demand' more from the team the record will be/would be much better. That is an angle that I wasn't aware of.

So what you are saying is if all us posters on GH 'demand' more from the team the record will be/would be much better. That is an angle that I wasn't aware of.

It's true. As a Viking fan I never really started demanding success until this year. This season I decided I had enough. I demand a Super Bowl now. I let Ziggy know anything less would be unacceptable to me. So far he has complied with my demand. You can all thank me later. :rolleyes:

when fans start expecting players to be good citizens and WIN in the process you will see a program that will not settle for mediocre and see the "good" with a loss to portland state, Indiana, and Michigan State. hence, the Kids will perform better than a trip to the NIT which under current course is where we are headed....

let Royce Play!...........

when fans start expecting players to be good citizens and WIN in the process you will see a program that will not settle for mediocre and see the "good" with a loss to portland state, Indiana, and Michigan State. hence, the Kids will perform better than a trip to the NIT which under current course is where we are headed....

let Royce Play!...........

:confused:....

Top Bottom