Maturi indicates that extension talks underway with coach Brewster

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't take a mental giant to figure out pretty quickly that the U is not comitted to building a top football program, since they are not protecting the program.

No kidding. I'm still livid they wasted 282 million dollars on a home for the marching band.

This extension is a great thing. Don't loose perspective here folks.

Who cares what the buyout is?

If we succeed and our coach leaves, the guess what...our program's prestige has been elevated. Then we could go and hire another coach.

If we fail......then we can fire him without sinking our budget.

This extension is a good thing though. We need continuity in our program.

You know, tomorrow will show up. And when it does I just hope we haven't sealed our fate with mistakes we make today.

Buy-outs serve a purpose. It's to keep either party from making rash hasty decisions. To create a higher threshold for departure. A buy-out is a protection for the program. A low buy-out protects the universities budget, it does not protect the program. Just saying, if you love the program a low buy-out is high risk for the program. It gives us no protection at all.

It only makes sense if we suck and we always will suck. I really hope thats not how Maturi sees this program.

It doesn't take a mental giant to figure out pretty quickly that the U is not comitted to building a top football program, since they are not protecting the program.

It starts with a goal and a mission. I think the Gophers have that in place. However, by hiring an untested HC, a time table is lacking and the UM decided not to spend the big bucks on a HC. In the meantime we still suck.

You know, tomorrow will show up. And when it does I just hope we haven't sealed our fate with mistakes we make today.

Buy-outs serve a purpose. It's to keep either party from making rash hasty decisions. To create a higher threshold for departure. A buy-out is a protection for the program. A low buy-out protects the universities budget, it does not protect the program. Just saying, if you love the program a low buy-out is high risk for the program. It gives us no protection at all.

It only makes sense if we suck and we always will suck. I really hope thats not how Maturi sees this program.

By that reasoning, the U should have signed Brew up for long term/high dollar when they hired him away from coaching Shanihan's tight ends. What if he would have gone to a New Year's bowl in his first or second season?

All we know today is that Brew is a decent recruiter and since so many on this board don't think it's fair to judge his other coaching attributes at this time, we know nothing more about him than that. That is basically what we knew 3 years ago. He therefore shouldn't receive anything more than the status quo.

A high buyout is not fiscally responsible. I'd gladly have brew leave for 1 trip to the rose bowl.

A Tubby post, in a Brewster thread, on the football forum? I'm confused......

I hated it when wren .....

Someone broke into mommy's liquor cabinet again

........ forgets to take his medicine and then breaks into his mommy's liquor cabinet. I think he gets depressed because he no longer can write his long meandering posts demanding that we fire Brewster. Next he will probably start a thread about the glory days of Saint Glen.

Enough of this insanity! - I can't wait until spring football begins so we don't have to read this crap.

The Great Jedediah Fisch Experiment

........ forgets to take his medicine and then breaks into his mommy's liquor cabinet. I think he gets depressed because he no longer can write his long meandering posts demanding that we fire Brewster. Next he will probably start a thread about the glory days of Saint Glen.

Enough of this insanity! - I can't wait until spring football begins so we don't have to read this crap.

If anybody was instantly canonized for sainthood it was Tim Brewster by members of this forum immediately upon Glen being fired and Brewster being hired. Brewster was hailed as the second Messiah of recruiting. Yet nobody can explain why Brewster's fabled recruits failed to generate traction on the gridiron. This is one of those great mysteries of life. We used to be a team with great offensive linemen. The resultant deevolution is evidenced by a decent brave quarterback, Adam Weber, who was probably sacked and tackled for loss more times per game and maybe more yards per game than any other quarterback in Golden Gopher history. One wonders why all of his bones were not broken. The real miracle, that Adam is not suffering from TBI and PTSD from all the bone jarring hits and concussions. Let us not forget the infamous Jedediah Fisch experiment correcting Adam's obviously flawed throw and release technique. Interesting that none of Adam's previous coaches (who must all have been idiots) recognized what Regents Professor Jedediah immediately observed to be flawed technique.

Winona Phantom we salute you!
Michigan – 0
Minnesota – 22
24 October 1953
SKI-U-MAH!
http://www.vva.org/testimony/2010/092910.html
http://www.dol.gov/ocia/congressionaltestimony/20090514_OFCCP.htm

When Brewster was hired too many people said he was Jesus Christ himself or others said he was Satan. I said give the guy three to four years and you'll find out how good or bad of a coach Brewster is? He gave us two years like Wacker and two like Mason. He was probably not as bad as Wacker but not as good as Mase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom