Maturi email on Brewster/KFAN kerfuffle

Hey Doogie.....you ever talk to Chad? Whats he doing now days? And who does the voices for Lefkowitz and Gerbschmidt?

Chad is doing a lot of work on 'CCO, caught up with him today...he's doing well...and can't say.

first part: what a bunch of b.s. on the tweet they sent out. please! way to spin your mis-step and over-reaction even more KFAN........

second part: i am calling KFAN as the "liar" in the equation.

what a joke :rolleyes:

It is amusing how you take everything out of the football department and coach Brewster as the gospel. It's not as if there isn't a history of immature tweets about portly sports writers coming from there. The truth is probably someone in the middle but you refusal to admit that the Athletic Department or Brewster could ever have anything to do with this is astonishing.

The acceptance of gays in society is an important social issue. This clearly isn't the forum for it considering people don't seem to be interested in having actual discussion.

Look how quickly you resort to name calling and personal insults that are completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. That says a heck of a lot more about you and your convictions than it does me.

no, it simply says that you are random-as-all-hell and seem to want to talk about stupid-ass topics which provoke similarly stupid responses! :rolleyes:

There may have been a misunderstanding, but KFAN is squarely to blame for the outburst they had on the radio today. Unless KFAN can produce an official email or letter from anyone at the U saying that they are banned from further interviews, etc., then I'm going with Maturi's version. Why? Because if there was a misunderstanding during a phone call, then it was up to KFAN to verify their interpretation of the call before PA started spouting off and throwing accusations around. This was not handled professionally.

There may have been a misunderstanding, but KFAN is squarely to blame for the outburst they had on the radio today. Unless KFAN can produce an official email or letter from anyone at the U saying that they are banned from further interviews, etc., then I'm going with Maturi's version. Why? Because if there was a misunderstanding during a phone call, then it was up to KFAN to verify their interpretation of the call before PA started spouting off and throwing accusations around. This was not handled professionally.

exactly......however the KFAN rubes on here will probably not agree with you. :rolleyes:

no, it simply says that you are random-as-all-hell and seem to want to talk about stupid-ass topics which provoke similarly stupid responses! :rolleyes:
If you weren't interested in the topic then there was no need to discuss it. The fact that it provokes such anger in you is a little unsettling though.

PA is a very intelligent guy...didn't hear one second of his show today, so don't know what he said exactly, but I have a hard time believing he blew whatever he said out of proportion.

Maybe you're blinded by your former job but talk radio has always been about blowing things out of proportion. They get people going on a subject and get their blood boiling because it makes it hard to turn the radio off.

Well the opposite suggestion is that PA woke up this morning and said "hey, I think I'm going to make up a story about the Gopher football program this morning." And if anyone at KFAN would do that, it's got to be PA, the most homerish guy they have on air.

The truth nearly always lies somewhere in the middle...but to suggest that the football program isn't where this somehow originated (simple miscommunication or not) is misguided IMO.

If by homerish you mean Vikings homer then I agree that he is homerish.

When it comes to college football he really doesn't know what he is talking about. That is clear to anyone that pays attention to college sports.

hey doogie,

if you really have no ties to KFAN anymore.......then take the word kerfuffle out of your title

Using the words from the "3:00 to 6:00 moron" in your title is embarrassing

hey doogie,

if you really have no ties to KFAN anymore.......then take the word kerfuffle out of your title

That word has been used for years...a professor of mine ran it into the ground, thus it always has been stuck in my head...I know Barreiro uses, so what?

By the way, I have to say that this sounds like a mixture of PA blowing something out of proportion, and the U in major back-peddling damage-control mode, with emphasis on the latter.

That word has been used for years...a professor of mine ran it into the ground, thus it always has been stuck in my head...I know Barreiro uses, so what?

Why do a few people on this board always insist on telling Doogie what lingo he needs to use? These are the same people who claim to hate the FAN yet know the lingo and probably listen to it on a regular basis.

hey doogie,

How do you know what words are used from 3:00 to 6:00?

I don't think it was as simple as Maturi makes it sound, nor do I think it was as bad as PA made it sound, but these things can happen no doubt. But I doubt PA was personally involved in any of it, he just got the word they were banned from KFAN and was mad about it so he blew it up. Whatever, what's done is done, Gophers got more KFAN play than in years, so I'm not gonna argue it.

Per my source in the athletic department, here's what happened. KFAN wanted a regular player and/or coach to appear on PA's show each week at about the same time (a la what they do/did with a Gopher hockey player each week during the season). The U turned this down, saying they did not want to commit a said player/coach each week, given their busy schedules. From here, it appears PA and friends may have taken this response from the U and over-reacted. I don't believe there was ever anything said from the U about banning players/coaches from going on KFAN, just that they didn't want to commit to having the same player/coach on at the same time each week. So it appears the miscommunication explanation is pretty accurate.

That is an explanation that makes sense. As it fits all of the personalities involved.

Per my source in the athletic department, here's what happened. KFAN wanted a regular player and/or coach to appear on PA's show each week at about the same time (a la what they do/did with a Gopher hockey player each week during the season). The U turned this down, saying they did not want to commit a said player/coach each week, given their busy schedules. From here, it appears PA and friends may have taken this response from the U and over-reacted. I don't believe there was ever anything said from the U about banning players/coaches from going on KFAN, just that they didn't want to commit to having the same player/coach on at the same time each week. So it appears the miscommunication explanation is pretty accurate.

Thank you.

Man, the hate Doogie gets from some here is really sad. The guy talks Gopher sports in a even keel manner and still gets hated on for it. Some of you need to relax.

Thanks! I've heard his takes on things many times and never has he been wrong, so I think his source is a damn good one....

Man, the hate Doogie gets from some here is really sad. The guy talks Gopher sports in a even keel manner and still gets hated on for it. Some of you need to relax.

Exactly. Here's someone with some inside information who is willing to go onto a forum and identify himself publicly and relay some tidbits to Gopher fans. And people, hiding behind internet monikers, tear him to shreds for it.

The possibility that KFAN may not have been lying, but may have simply been mistaken has not been given much consideration. I don't believe there ever was a policy banning KFAN.

Which from the U's position makes perfect sense. KFan needs to work around the U's schedule and not vica versa. And also not cry foul when they do not get their way.

How do you know what words are used from 3:00 to 6:00?

because I listen to the idiot for bits and pieces......sort of gives me insight into the looney left

but i never listen 3:00 to 6:00 for sports insight because sports are rarely talked.....but when danny could rip the gophers sports became a top priority on this day

and as for doogie......i am on rivals also.....where doogie was asked to leave.......i know the scoop on that one

so if doogie is great in your minds......have at it

because I listen to the idiot for bits and pieces......sort of gives me insight into the looney left

but i never listen 3:00 to 6:00 for sports insight because sports are rarely talked.....but when danny could rip the gophers sports became a top priority on this day

and as for doogie......i am on rivals also.....where doogie was asked to leave.......i know the scoop on that one

You just explained all I need to know from you claiming Dan B. is a lefty.. You pretty much just admitted you know nothing.

Who said Doogie is great? No one. I wrote that he has been even keel and doesn't deserve any hate--nothing more. Make-up more things if you want.

You are right with Danny B. ripping on the Gophs as a top priority though.

You need insight into the looney left?

I sent you a private message, detailing the Rivals situation....My very best guess is you are factually INCORRECT....I'll leave it at that, because quite frankly I'm assuming NO ONE cares, but wanted to correct your understanding, so did that privately.

I sent you a private message, detailing the Rivals situation....My very best guess is you are factually INCORRECT....I'll leave it at that, because quite frankly I'm assuming NO ONE cares, but wanted to correct your understanding, so did that privately.

Just ignore him Doogie. No one likes him wherever he goes. He's annoying over on rubechat, and he's annoying here. Frankly if you are making him mad, you are probably doing something right.

You need insight into the looney left?

it's fascinating stuff to listen to a guy like barreiro lie and say he is not

i called into his show once when he was doing politics and asked which republican president he had ever voted for in his life......he went on how that was personal but assured me he had as he was screaming and bellowing.......he hated the question

Just ignore him Doogie. No one likes him wherever he goes. He's annoying over on rubechat, and he's annoying here. Frankly if you are making him mad, you are probably doing something right.

you love me on rubechat

doogie didnt last long at gopherillustrated for some reason there gopherguy

Top Bottom