Maturi costs the U another $400,000

And this is on the Football Board because? :confused:

John Harris:

Won - NCAA Hockey Championship in 1974 with the Minnesota Gophers and Coach Herb Brooks.

Won - US Amateur Golf Tournament in 1993.

Won - Walker Cup over Great Britain in 1993 and 1997 with the U.S. Golf Team.

Won - Eisenhower Trophy in 1994 with the U.S. Golf Team that included Tiger Woods.

Invited By - Augusta National Country Club to become a member because of his exemplary character and outstanding amateur golf career.

Joined - Champions Professional Golf Tour in 2002.

Won - Commerce Bank Golf Championship in 2006.

Hired - U of M Director of Golf (July, 2010)

Resigned - U of M Director of Golf (June, 2011)

Lost - Law Suit against U of M in 2014 by female golf coach in which the judge all but said in so many words that he is a homophobe.

John Harris:

Won - NCAA Hockey Championship in 1974 with the Minnesota Gophers and Coach Herb Brooks.

Won - US Amateur Golf Tournament in 1993.

Won - Walker Cup over Great Britain in 1993 and 1997 with the U.S. golf team.

Won - Eisenhower Trophy in 1994 with the U.S. golf team that included Tiger Woods.

Invited By - Augusta National Country Club to become a member because of his exemplary character and outstanding amateur golf career.

Joined - Champions Professional Golf Tour in 2002.

Won - Commerce Bank Golf Championship in 2006.

Lost - Law Suit against U of M in 2014 by female golf coach in which the judge all but said in so many words that he is a homophobe.

What does winning golf tourneys have to do with character???????????

Augusta, a center of openness

Harris was wrong, he should've tried to pray away the gay.

Based on the article, which is my sole knowledge of the situation, how do you place any of the blame on anyone other than Harris?

Based on the article, which is my sole knowledge of the situation, how do you place any of the blame on anyone other than Harris?

Maturi was his boss and knew what Harris was doing. They are both pathetic.

Maturi was his boss and knew what Harris was doing. They are both pathetic.

The boss of the U professor just busted for messing with a 15 year old from Louisiana knew what he was doing?

Ahhh, we pay twice as much just to not play teams in football. Clearly the athletic department can eat this no problem...

I am utterly convinced Joel Maturi was sent here by the Wisconsin Badgers to mess up our Athletic Department as bad as he could.

I am utterly convinced Joel Maturi was sent here by the Wisconsin Badgers to mess up our Athletic Department as bad as he could.

He tenure was pretty bad. Similar to the tenure of every A.D. since 1967.

What a disgusting situation. Glad we have new leadership at the U. Seems that Maturi had no guts whatsoever.

Top Bottom