Maturi: Barn to be replaced or significantly renovated in 10 to 15 yrs

Put the Barn on the National Register of Historic places...

but the bottom line is Gopher basketball is the passion, not the arena they play in

Right on the money SelectionSunday!!! I was at both Game Sevens ('87 and '91). No one would ever call the Dome a great baseball park but I can tell you there was no where on earth I would have rather been on those two nights.

The Barn was rarely very exciting during Monson's tenure. It is special because of all the great memories I have of the place. Places are special because of what has happened there not usually because of the structure itself. Williams is unique because it has outlived its contemporaries.

I for one never want to see it go but unless we put it on the National Register of Historic Places it will go some day.

Let’s get it on the Register.

It's worth noting that Louisville is in the process of building a new arena. UCLA just made public plans to renovate Pauley. Kansas is also in the middle of updating Allen. Purdue is adding on to Mackey, and there are talks of building a new arena at Illinios. So pretty much the only one how isn't updating is Duke who just finished a new practice building a few years ago.

As for a new building tjgopher has it right you can't make a better choice of an arena to copy than Conseco Fieldhouse. It's an amazing venue.

Top Bottom