Matt Krier - Winona Post: A November To Remember

Reaction score
From Matt:
It turned cold and nasty early this year in Minnesota. The wind blew and the snow fell before the Halloween candy had been fully consumed, and winter was upon us as the month of November was barely up and running. The life of the Gopher fan mimicked this early turn of the season as the month began with the proverbial winds of change blowing cold, the chill of another inexcusable loss burrowing through our bodies, and the hopes of a successful season fading like the sunlight disappearing over the snow-covered horizon. Fans stared into the next 4 weeks with apprehension and dread, a gauntlet-like stretch of games before their team to close out the season. Yes, it was an early start to what appeared to be a very long, cold winter.

But amazing things can happen when your team turns up the heat.

http://winpostsports.com/2014/11/23/a-november-to-remember/

Go Gophers!

Brilliantly written! Just a delight to read. Thanks for posting.

I myself broke away from the game at halftime to go work out, get my mind off of my frustration & honestly, sadness. So many Novembers in a row have played out the same for us--that is, dismally. Not this time. No matter what happens in Madison.

We have broken through, and I hope recruits and their families are taking notice. THIS is the place to come for a great education, to be led by as fine a coaching staff as exists in football. We're doing this right...brick by brick.

Great read, thanks for posting!

Go Gophers!!

I'm also a big fan of Matt's Gopher articles. Better than many of the hacks here in the cities.

@matthewkrier if you are a twitter guy. He is a good follow there too.

I'm also a big fan of Matt's Gopher articles. Better than many of the hacks here in the cities.

@matthewkrier if you are a twitter guy. He is a good follow there too.

Strange we get Soupcan, the FatA@@ from Fulda. And how many times have we been told how brilliant they are, how they are some of the best in the Nation. And then Matt Krier puts fingers to a keyboard, and that illusion is shattered. This is a great article.

Matt is doing a great job. The Strib should seriously take a look at adding him.

I was also happy to see that they finally changed the background from the MetroDump to The Bank albeit in it's Vikings setup, but beggars can't be choosers, I guess.

Top Bottom