Matt Krier from the Winona Post: Gophers fail first real test

Reaction score
Per Matt:

"I must have worn out my thesaurus trying to describe how impotent the offense was but no single word succinctly describes its play, so let me just throw caution to the wind and go with my gut: It was one of the worst offensive displays in recent memory. The offense couldn’t pass (14-29 for 169 yards), couldn’t run (99 yards on 39 attempts, a 2.5 yard per average), and couldn’t hold onto the ball (3 interceptions and 2 fumbles lost). Offensive Coordinator Matt Limegrover’s conservative play-calling became so predictable that TCU’s defense looked like they had a player in the Gopher huddle. Not once did the offense seem to have the upper hand, with TCU having multiple players at the point of the attack the entire afternoon. "

http://winpostsports.com/2014/09/14/ski-u-blah-gophers-fail-first-big-test-against-tcu/

What? A bad game, but the season isn't over? Maybe he hasn't seen GopherHole yet?

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I see the annual "Is Jerry Kill the right guy for job?" thread is already up. That didn't take long, even by GH standards!

Actually it took a long time by GH standards.

The troll got 100 replies and over 4,000 views. The only reason for the post, whether Kill and Company are the right guys for the job or not was completely immaterial.

So, yeah, it may have been up to GH standards.

Terrible, Matt.

First, try to get facts straight. That was not Streveler's first collegiate pass. If you had watched our backups give up 20 points in garbage time vs EIU you would have noticed Streveler completing a 12 yard pass.

Middle Tennessee state won 8 games last year; not a conference doormat. They won 8 games the prior year as part of the Sunbelt conference.

We didn't struggle to put away the first two opponents. We put in backups after the games were well out of reach. I'm struggling to believe you even watched these contests.

I learned about hyperbole in high school. Rethink your career.

Top Bottom