Matt Barkley

JasonBourne21

Reaction score
Watching this kid in the Under Armour game, and I can see why the Trojans were all over his radar. This kid is going to be an absolute stud... He has a sick arm, and he is picking apart some of the best db's in the nation.... This kid is going to be scary good....

Here is a basic question... What is the difference in selection for the UA all star game and the army game? I originally assumed that the Army game got all of the top recruits and the 2nd tier recruits went to the UA game, but that obviously isn't the case.

He actually had a terrible Sr. year and slid down the rankings. He was #1 overall for quite awhile. He's from SoCal so I don't think there was ever any doubt he was going to USC.

I have Directv and watched him play, he was average the night I saw him throw a bunch of picks.

ESPN showed one of his HS games and at the time I thought he was terribly overrated. They won in OT and I think he ended up throwing like 5 or 6 TD's but he actually looked really bad. He threw interceptions at clutch times, he misread coverages and missed open receivers while throwing in to coverage, etc.

However, watching him in the skills competition and in the UA game he looks like a completely different QB. Maybe it is because they can't blitz and he has tons of time or maybe it is because he has talent around him but he looks like an experienced college QB playing against High Schoolers.

He went to the same HS as Matt Leinert (Mater Dei) and seemed to have plenty of telent around him. Time will tell to see if he develops.

I seem to remember the question between the UA game and AA game last year. I think that, although the AA game has more prestige attached to it, the UA game gives better perks to lure the top players there.

He went to the same HS as Matt Leinert (Mater Dei) and seemed to have plenty of telent around him. Time will tell to see if he develops.

Mater Dei was down this year. But saying they were down is like saying that EP was down because they lost one game and didn't win the championship.

Top Bottom