Matches 7 & 8: Gophers Host Diet Coke Classic, High Point and Creighton (Sept 14-16, 2023)

IMO Landfair is a physically gifted volleyball player who seems to not have a competitive bone in her body. I'm thinking of all the competitive people I know, myself included, and there is no way I would ever give so little effort when I want to win. Like I just dont think its possible for a competitive person to just be lackadaisical when playing.

She looks like a robot out there. She moves so slowly and methodically. No passion, in my layperson opinion.

It IS possible for someone to burn out on something. She has probably been playing volleyball year round since ___ years ago? Maybe the fire is gone ...

I hear everybody. TayLa has always come across laid back since she came to Minnesota. I just think that is her personality and it comes off the same way when she is playing volleyball.

I was happy KCook was willing to sub out an athlete up to now when they are not performing and struggling....something Hugh almost never did. However, I am now finding it SO SO SO CONFUSING and question it constantly like what is going on? I begin to wonder, if the players are finding it more stressful than helpful.

KCook needs to start settling into a starting lineup soon. Because I really don't believe players are going to "WORK THEIR WAY THROUGH THEIR PROBLEMS". I just feel more stability in the game is needed during these matches. Certainly, I could be way off base but it is just my take on not only TayLa but Wucherer and other returning Gopher players totally UNDER PERFORMING. IMO their frustration is coming through on that court. They certainly are lacking concentration.

She looks like a robot out there. She moves so slowly and methodically. No passion, in my layperson opinion.

It IS possible for someone to burn out on something. She has probably been playing volleyball year round since ___ years ago? Maybe the fire is gone ...
Maybe has boyfriend/girlfriend problems?

Last edited:

I hear everybody. TayLa has always come across laid back since she came to Minnesota. I just think that is her personality and it comes off the same way when she is playing volleyball.

I was happy KCook was willing to sub out an athlete up to now when they are not performing and struggling....something Hugh almost never did. However, I am now finding it SO SO SO CONFUSING and question it constantly like what is going on? I begin to wonder, if the players are finding it more stressful than helpful.

KCook needs to start settling into a starting lineup soon. Because I really don't believe players are going to "WORK THEIR WAY THROUGH THEIR PROBLEMS". I just feel more stability in the game is needed during these matches. Certainly, I could be way off base but it is just my take on not only TayLa but Wucherer and other returning Gopher players totally UNDER PERFORMING. IMO their frustration is coming through on that court. They certainly are lacking concentration.
Feels to me that the uninspired tendencies you mention have typified Gopher play for the past 3+ years. Not being a VB expert, I wonder not so much WHAT (what seems obvious), but WHY?

Feels to me that the uninspired tendencies you mention have typified Gopher play for the past 3+ years. Not being a VB expert, I wonder not so much WHAT (what seems obvious), but WHY?
Different team makeups, different personalities. I don't know.

Shaff and Landfair are the common denominator for the last few years of the teams so I'm guessing Landfair's laid-back personality along with Shaff's more steady demeanor don't necessarily make for dynamic teams? It's really hard to know without being a part of the team and seeing the behind-the-scenes. Maybe it's just the type of personalities Hugh liked to recruit - more steady, not up and down. I am just throwing out ideas. I've wondered about it myself. Stanford seems to have the same problem of keeping their energy up game to game. Some people are just naturally physically talented and know how to work hard and some just have that extra competitiveness.🤷

Top Bottom