Mastercuts Stylist GETS the Scoop over Kent

ajokeright

Reaction score
So, I am getting my hair cut last night at the Master Cuts in EP and making small talk with the semi attractive gal cutting my hair.

She was talking about a little girl she just had in and she was upset because the little girl was so upset. When I asked why she said the little girl was moving and had to leave all of her little friends behind as her Dad was moving to Seattle. The stylist asked what her Daddy did that he had to move and she told me he was a football coach.

I about choked!

I asked if she remembered the last name of the girl and she was not sure and when I asked if it was Fish she said, yes that was the name on the credit card.

C'mon Kent, maybe you should be getting your hair cut where I do out in EP and you will get the scoop.

Nice job breaking this news. Fisch to Seattle huh? Hadn't heard that one. Kudos to you.

if sid gets wind of the

the hair stylist will be his close friend when you read it in the strib

Nice job breaking this news. Fisch to Seattle huh? Hadn't heard that one. Kudos to you.

I think that's awesome! It's the closest thing we've had to confirmation except for Youngblood's blog yesterday, which came at about the same time Master Cuts announced it.

Go back to Mastercuts and ask her if we have a shot at Seantrel.

Go back to Mastercuts and ask her if we have a shot at Seantrel.

Now THAT'S funny!

By the way, Dark Star built a career on over-hearing a conversation about Bud Grant coming back to replace Les Steckel. Just saying...

Now THAT'S funny!

By the way, Dark Star built a career on over-hearing a conversation about Bud Grant coming back to replace Les Steckel. Just saying...

I hadn't heard that, though it seems believable. He also later personally negotiated Chuck Knoblach's extension with the Twins. I guess the key difference is that Bud Grant coming back was something that people outside of this message board actually cared about. Jed Fisch leaving is is not really.

I care about him leaving. I care about building fundamentals within our football program. I care about the kids who are recruited have the best chance of being successful in the classroom and on the field. I guess I wished you cared too H7.

I care about him leaving. I care about building fundamentals within our football program. I care about the kids who are recruited have the best chance of being successful in the classroom and on the field. I guess I wished you cared too H7.

I do care. I said the people on this message board care. 95% of the average Minnesota sports fans don't care about this in particular. They care if the Gophers win. If they fail to do so next year, they will blame Brewster, Fisch or no Fisch. Is this bad for the program? Yes. Am I sorry to see it happen? Yes. All Brewster can do now is minimize the damage by promoting Davis or bringing in someone else who is willing to keep the offense the same. To do anything else would be a train-wreck.

Hall of Fame Coach Bud Grant returning to the Vikings was a huge scoop was my only point. Jed Fisch, (a man that even 50% of Gopher season ticket holders probably couldn't name without at least a long pause) leaving the Gophers is not. That is all.

I hadn't heard that, though it seems believable. He also later personally negotiated Chuck Knoblach's extension with the Twins. I guess the key difference is that Bud Grant coming back was something that people outside of this message board actually cared about. Jed Fisch leaving is is not really.

You got that right.;)

He called into the Sports Talk show on 1500 with Soucherey and Reusse. That was in the days where those guys called themselves "the last Liberals on the radio" and they were more interested in being funny then political or bitter. Can't remember where George (Dark Star) over heard it. I also don't remember if S&R came up with the nickname or George himself did.

I guess the key difference is that Bud Grant coming back was something that people outside of this message board actually cared about. Jed Fisch leaving is is not really.

:)

*sheepish look* Totally misread your first post. Sorry :eek:. Please accept my apologies.

I asked if she remembered the last name of the girl and she was not sure and when I asked if it was Fish she said, yes that was the name on the credit card.

I think we are going to be OK here. Our offensive coordinator's last name is Fisch, not Fish.

Whew!

Even if this story is true it is still one of the most ridiculous gopher related stories i've ever heard of. It even tops the one time I went to Cost Cutters and the "stylist" told me that Rich Kotite was in the hunt for the gopher football job in 07.

Even if this story is true it is still one of the most ridiculous gopher related stories i've ever heard of. It even tops the one time I went to Cost Cutters and the "stylist" told me that Rich Kotite was in the hunt for the gopher football job in 07.

Nothing could top the "fist pump in Applebees" fiasco.

You got that right.;)

He called into the Sports Talk show on 1500 with Soucherey and Reusse. That was in the days where those guys called themselves "the last Liberals on the radio" and they were more interested in being funny then political or bitter. Can't remember where George (Dark Star) over heard it. I also don't remember if S&R came up with the nickname or George himself did.

Those guys are all Keith Olbermann wannabes. They are all phony, liberal and bitter.

What happened to Barber/client confidentiality?

I am sure this sacred oath would not have been broken if we had a better coach...

I am sure this sacred oath would not have been broken if we had a better coach...

This reminds me (off-handedly) of a time I was at my always chatty barber. There was a guy ahead of me.

The barber did the usual "How's it going?," to which the customer said "Cut the f***ing chit-chat and cut my f***ing hair!"

Don't remember how that hairstyle turned out...

I haven't trusted barber/client confidentiality for years. Always give a handle and pay with cash. Much safer.

I haven't trusted barber/client confidentiality for years. Always give a handle and pay with cash. Much safer.

anyone asks I never looked at a mag off the top rack. I love the cut the fing chit chat comment dude musta been a full blown parolee/criminal.

So, I am getting my hair cut last night at the Master Cuts in EP and making small talk with the semi attractive gal cutting my hair.

She was talking about a little girl she just had in and she was upset because the little girl was so upset. When I asked why she said the little girl was moving and had to leave all of her little friends behind as her Dad was moving to Seattle. The stylist asked what her Daddy did that he had to move and she told me he was a football coach.

I about choked!

C'mon Kent, maybe you should be getting your hair cut where I do out in EP and you will get the scoop.

What if this gal finds this site, I wonder what her reaction will be to "semi-attractive" :eek:

Top Bottom