Master Coaches Interview Keegan Cook

Nice interview, always love hearing from Mick Haley and Cathy George also.

Stick around for the interview with Anders Nelson too, Meredith Nelson's younger brother and a Gopher for a short period.

Good for you. But I'd take an ethically run program over one that does anything to win a title ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.

Gotta say, your priorities need examining.
Knew you'd make the false jump.

Nope. I said nothing about unethical. Being a jerk is not unethical.

Agree it should all be done ethically.

I think people forget that only one team can win the Natty every year. I know that's the ultimate goal but doesn't mean that all the teams that don't achieve that goal didn't play some damn good volleyball. MN has had the talent to do so more than not over the last 20 years, there have just been teams that were better (Stanford) or luckier (Kentucky and Wisky with all those 5th year seniors) than MN has been. Start getting into the Final Four on a consistent basis and it's bound to happen at some point. I too sometimes get impatient because it's about the only thing this program hasn't achieved.

I think people forget that only one team can win the Natty every year. I know that's the ultimate goal but doesn't mean that all the teams that don't achieve that goal didn't play some damn good volleyball. MN has had the talent to do so more than not over the last 20 years, there have just been teams that were better (Stanford) or luckier (Kentucky and Wisky with all those 5th year seniors) than MN has been.
Doesn't do it for me.

One a year correct, but no one is demanding we win it every year. How about win it once???

It has been far long enough. It's our turn.

Don't get it done = you're outta here.

Knew you'd make the false jump.

Nope. I said nothing about unethical. Being a jerk is not unethical.

Agree it should all be done ethically.

Being a jerk is absolutely unethical according to me.

Being a jerk is absolutely unethical according to me.
Then we're talking about two completely different things.

Just because you aren't Mr. Happy-go-lucky Nice Guy, doesn't mean you run an unethical program.

All I was saying is that I'll take a title over a nice guy. A nice guy doesn't do anything. We had that already with Hugh. No titles, only one title match. Should've been several more.

Then we're talking about two completely different things.

Just because you aren't Mr. Happy-go-lucky Nice Guy, doesn't mean you run an unethical program.

All I was saying is that I'll take a title over a nice guy. A nice guy doesn't do anything. We had that already with Hugh. No titles, only one title match. Should've been several more.

Ah it all makes sense now, Hugh was too nice to win a National Title.

Ah it all makes sense now, Hugh was too nice to win a National Title.
I don't care what he was. He didn't get it done. Not good enough and beyond clear he was never going to be.

Glad we're trying something different.

How about we see how this plays out until we jump all over the guy. Just a thought.

I think people forget that only one team can win the Natty every year. I know that's the ultimate goal but doesn't mean that all the teams that don't achieve that goal didn't play some damn good volleyball. MN has had the talent to do so more than not over the last 20 years, there have just been teams that were better (Stanford) or luckier (Kentucky and Wisky with all those 5th year seniors) than MN has been. Start getting into the Final Four on a consistent basis and it's bound to happen at some point. I too sometimes get impatient because it's about the only thing this program hasn't achieved.
I agree. Get good enough to keep knocking at the door year after year and a breakthrough can come. But year after year is the key.

Top Bottom