Mason's 1998 recruiting class had 7 guys play in the NFL!

Naw fiftypoundhead...Mason coached the 1997 team. He was on board at the end of 1996. The 1997 recruiting class was his first recruiting class...NOT the 1998 class that this thread is talking about.

; 0 )

Thanks Wren. I don't know why I thought those three (Riley, Brewer, and Redmon) were Wacker commits.

Well Alabama tends to recruit plenty 4 and 5 stars and they do alright I wonder why

One might say there is a positive correlation and not a certainty of causation.

Recruiting rankings mirror performance over time. Recruit highly ranked players, you will win over time. Not in every case, but on average.

Not if you don't pay any attention to the recruiting rankings, like me. Further proof they don't have a clue.

One of my posts from a few months back:
http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/bo...uiting-Ranking&highlight=positive+correlation

This is not totally accurate, because I rounded a little bit and some teams still have bowl games to play.

The correlation coefficient (r) is .5780511132 when comparing the averaged amount of average stars from the classes of 2007 to 2011 to the total number of wins from 2008 to 2011.

My calculations do NOT show how one or two recruiting classes affect wins and losses, but rather how the classes of 2007 to 2011 affect the wins and losses from 2007 to 2011. If I wanted to show how the recruiting classes affected wins and losses by showing how their teams did when they were seniors, I would have compared the (x) average stars of year X to (y) the wins in year X+4.

B1G Rankings.jpg

Top Bottom