Mas on KFAN @ 4PM...

PMWinSTP

Reaction score
Should be interesting...Barreiro says Mas is looking to go off about the coaching situation.

I think there's a chance he speaks the truth.

I think there's a chance he speaks the truth.

It will be fun to listen. Bet he raves about that defense and says something like "Can you imagine how good my teams would have been with that defense?"

Updates please !!! I'm intrested in his opinion unlike many others...

Last time Mase was with Barreiro he said that he would have been totally outraged at any of his players who took a a 17-year old high school recruit to a gang bang after getting him so drunk he couldn't get a hard-on with the alleged victim. For those who missed it, I just thought you guys would like to know that.

Last time Mase was with Barreiro he said that he would have been totally outraged at any of his players who took a a 17-year old high school recruit to a gang bang after getting him so drunk he couldn't get a hard-on with the alleged victim. For those who missed it, I just thought you guys would like to know that.

Being outraged at the players is something most coaches will do behind closed doors. I will be surprised if he thinks Claeys should lose his job because of it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He does have an unusual perspective on the situation and challenges of this program.

Desparate enough for attention to go for a dick joke huh?

Good luck with that. :D

He's on now. From location in Venice Beach.

Desparate enough for attention to go for a dick joke huh?

Good luck with that. :D

It's also factually incorrect. Dumb and wrong. It's Upnorth's mantra.

It's also good to note, Mase's teams have a history of gang bangs and lewd behavior with recruits.

If Mase were honest he would say:

"Listen, if you want a recruit bad enough hell yeah you would try your d@mndest to get them laid. All of this stuff was much easier back in my days."

Says it was poorly handled by many, so if you are going to hammer TC, you better start to look around at other leadership. Tweet probably not smart but was in response to Kaler letter and AD comments that lumped Claeys in with them.

Both Mas and Barriero think the admin has put themselves in a bad spot with their public actions. Completely discounted the petition...don't really want people in those leadership positions who are swayed by whichever way the wind is blowing.

Sounds to me like Mase and Barriero are pro-rape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really didn't add that much. Four of the points were: who is signing the Moveon petition; if Claeys suffers because of the tweet which was a mistake, how about all the other mistakes made by I assume he was talking about EK and MC; wondered why Ek, MC, and Dean Johnson were even on the sidelines at the bowl game instead of in a box; and he again pointed out Iowa has had two football coaches over a long period of time.

I think he would say no way in hell should Claeys be fired if he wasn't being political as an employee of the BIG Network. He did say they did a great job of coaching. I also think he relishes this mess a bit as somebody who was fired by the U even if it was another administration. I do enjoy Mason most of the time but the BFF bit between him and Barreiro gets old.

Try google. I'll give you a hint - - Lyndon Murtha and Dom Jones.

It wasn't a rip on Mase, it happens at every university.

The Dom Jones incident was April 7th, 2007 after Mason was fired. Murtha was involved in the strip joint incident on a recruiting visit. He blew the whistle and ended up in Nebraska where he had a marginal career.

The Dom Jones incident was April 7th, 2007 after Mason was fired. Murtha was involved in the strip joint incident on a recruiting visit. He blew the whistle and ended up in Nebraska where he had a marginal career.

I'm pretty sure LM got a strippers number and wasn't as innocent as he would have liked people to believe.

A "marginal career" in which he was twice honorable mention All-Conference , was drafted into the NFL, and earned a paycheck playing football over multiple seasons.

A "marginal career" in which he was twice honorable mention All-Conference , was drafted into the NFL, and earned a paycheck playing football over multiple seasons.

Yes marginal when you consider the hype he had when he was being recruited. He also alternated at tackle in passing situations his first two years.

Mason has memory problems. Lydon Murtha made his recruitng visit, and his actions with a stripper got back to his family and girl friend and he flipped to Nebraska.

Yes marginal when you consider the hype he had when he was being recruited. He also alternated at tackle in passing situations his first two years. He was ranked the number 1 offensive tackle in the nation by ESPN. Also ranked #1 tackle in the country by Tom Lemming.
He RS his freshman season at Nebraska His career was plaged by injuries. He was drafted in the 7th round in 2007 and spent most of his time on the practice squad. He was picked up off the practice squad by the Miami Dolphins in 2009 saw limited action and ended his career in 2011. Yes, marginal.......

Mason has memory problems. Lydon Murtha made his recruitng visit, and his actions with a stripper got back to his family and girl friend and he flipped to Nebraska.

Murtha was the instigator in the whole situation.He was staying at the Radisson ( now Commons ) on a recruiting visit and he got the phone number from a friend who was going to the U. He cried wolf when he got busted and ratted on the guys with him..

He was a Mason recruit.

I know you just hate it when someone tries to knock St. Glen. It's O.K. to admit he recruited this kid.

Top Bottom