Maryland-I Meme Contest

Thanks Killjoy!

For those of you who are tired us waiting for Dr.Don's pick six contest check out below the Maryland-I Meme Contest at the Daily Gopher. A lot of creativity. I especially like the Minnesota-I name being used by some of the posters.

http://www.thedailygopher.com/2013/7/31/4575796/the-daily-gopher-maryland-i-meme-contest#comments

For those who are interested, here's the link that starts you at the top of the post so you can read the background and if you plan on participating, the rules on the giveaway (corporate mothership and all that): http://www.thedailygopher.com/2013/7/31/4575796/the-daily-gopher-maryland-i-meme-contest

Personally, I've become very partial to the Golden-I name since it was introduced. We'll probably have folks vote on what we should call it moving forward.

Personally, I've become very partial to the Golden-I name since it was introduced. We'll probably have folks vote on what we should call it moving forward.

Love the idea of having that name for our offense. We need ideas like this to get people excited and thinking about Gopher football.:cool03:

For those who don't get the reference (see above), GoldenEye was the best game made for the Nintendo 64 gaming system and was ubiquitous in college dorms worldwide during the late 90s:

n64goldeneye.jpg

For those who don't get the reference (see above), GoldenEye was the best game made for the Nintendo 64 gaming system and was ubiquitous in college dorms worldwide during the late 90s:

n64goldeneye.jpg

It was also Pierce Brosnan's first/best Bond movie and is in my opinion a top 5 Bond movie.

And for those that haven't seen the movie (SPOILER), GoldenEye is an advanced satellite weapon that uses electromagnetic pulses (EMP) to destroy all electrical devices in a certain radius.

I love the name.

It was also Pierce Brosnan's first and best bond movie and is in my personal list of top 5 bond movies.

MadTownGopher is correct. This is not a Chicken_v_Egg thing, but the game was pretty good. FYI, the remake of the game was pretty good to, even if they changed almost everything (including updating to the new Bond).

n64goldeneye.jpg

If we struck out with the ladies at the bar (which happened often), this was a good consolation prize. We spent many late nights playing drunken GoldenEye.

If we struck out with the ladies at the bar (which happened often), this was a good consolation prize. We spent many late nights playing drunken GoldenEye.

I played this game so much in college it led to me being a plumber!

Since I'm an idiot and blessed with only enough athletic ability to be a WaterBoy, could someone give an explanation of the "Maryland I"? How does the formation differ from a regular "I" & why is it called the "Maryland I"? By the way, I like the "Golden I" terminology better. Thanks in advance.

Since I'm an idiot and blessed with only enough athletic ability to be a WaterBoy, could someone give an explanation of the "Maryland I"? How does the formation differ from a regular "I" & why is it called the "Maryland I"? By the way, I like the "Golden I" terminology better. Thanks in advance.

"The Maryland I (also known as the Stack I) is similar to the Power I except that instead of placing the third back to one side of the fullback, the fullback, third back, and tailback line up directly in front of each other (hence the term “Stack”). Obviously, this is a running-emphasis variant made popular by the Maryland Terrapins football team of the 1950s under Tom Nugent."

Wiki

"The Maryland I (also known as the Stack I) is similar to the Power I except that instead of placing the third back to one side of the fullback, the fullback, third back, and tailback line up directly in front of each other (hence the term “Stack”). Obviously, this is a running-emphasis variant made popular by the Maryland Terrapins football team of the 1950s under Tom Nugent."

Wiki

Thanks Highwayman

#99 Parski1 vs #98 THE REST OF THE WORLD.

#99 Parski1 vs #98 THE REST OF THE WORLD.

You better be careful Dr.Don - Parski is going to be really pissed when he finds out that you borrowed his season tickets.

Top Bottom