Marquise Hill a Gopher

Very cool.

Slowly but surely this class is becoming very nice.

Wow this past week has been a roller coaster ride in terms of recruiting. Keeps you on your toes :clap:

Very cool.

Slowly but surely this class is becoming very nice.

Ill second that, not a lot of headliners(thusfar) but quite a few solid looking prospects.

I like how this is shaping up, potentially a very good class.

I just seen that too!!! NICE!!! I've really started looking at who we recruit by who has offered vs his "star" ranking. This guy has offers from Missouri, Arkansas, Iowa, Mich St., Nebraska, UCLA, Wisconsin....I like the company we are in as far as the recruits we are competing for.

I really like the way this class is starting to fill out. Gotta get a couple DT's and CB's though Brew.

I just seen that too!!! NICE!!! I've really started looking at who we recruit by who has offered vs his "star" ranking. This guy has offers from Missouri, Arkansas, Iowa, Mich St., Nebraska, UCLA, Wisconsin....I like the company we are in as far as the recruits we are competing for.

I really like the way this class is starting to fill out. Gotta get a couple DT's and CB's though Brew.

Awesome get. I'm very happy right now.

Hi guys, first time poster in the Hole....born Minnesotan, now living in Missouri, and a fan of both programs, so I'll add that Hill has been a soft verbal to Mizzou for about a year, but has really made no bones about the fact he was going to continue to "look around". This is a great get for Minnesota, and news that will certainly not be received well in Columbia (although rumor has it the Tigers are after more highly-ranked receivers in the 2010 class). Welcome to the U Marquise, GO GOPHERS!

wow, look at that list of offers!!

will be interesting where they stick him, in video he looks to be lining up in the backfield a lot, but is talked about as a WR.

would be nice to convert some of the really quick ATHLETES (position per Rivals) that we are getting into stud CBs???

Hi guys, first time poster in the Hole....born Minnesotan, now living in Missouri, and a fan of both programs, so I'll add that Hill has been a soft verbal to Mizzou for about a year, but has really made no bones about the fact he was going to continue to "look around". This is a great get for Minnesota, and news that will certainly not be received well in Columbia (although rumor has it the Tigers are after more highly-ranked receivers in the 2010 class). Welcome to the U Marquise, GO GOPHERS!

The Gophers have had more then their fair share of soft verbal with the idea of continuing to look around. It is different to be on the other side for a change.

Has Marquise publicly stated that he is done taking officials or is he planning on still taking these even though he his committed to Minnesota?

Has Marquise publicly stated that he is done taking officials or is he planning on still taking these even though he his committed to Minnesota?

Don't know, but I don't think there's many cases of a guy decommitting from one school, committing to another, than decommitting again. I could be wrong, but I feel pretty good about him sticking to it.

This is a players I was hoping to get, a big playmaker in the Bryant Allen and Troy Stoudermire mold.

Don't know, but I don't think there's many cases of a guy decommitting from one school, committing to another, than decommitting again. I could be wrong, but I feel pretty good about him sticking to it.

Actually, the Hogeye fans will remember this very thing happening to them 2 years ago. Riley Reiff committed to Iowa, then decommitted for Nebraska, then decommitted from them for Iowa again.

(Only reason I remember this is because he is a fellow SD native, and I keep close track of those guys.)

I'm hoping this Hill commitment sticks, obviously, but I am taking it with a huge grain of salt, not only because he's already decommitted from Mizzou, but because he is cousins with notorious waffler Ronnie Wingo, Jr. Presumably, he is working with the same group of advisers, and that has to make one wonder a little bit.

Actually, the Hogeye fans will remember this very thing happening to them 2 years ago. Riley Reiff committed to Iowa, then decommitted for Nebraska, then decommitted from them for Iowa again.

(Only reason I remember this is because he is a fellow SD native, and I keep close track of those guys.)

I'm hoping this Hill commitment sticks, obviously, but I am taking it with a huge grain of salt, not only because he's already decommitted from Mizzou, but because he is cousins with notorious waffler Ronnie Wingo, Jr. Presumably, he is working with the same group of advisers, and that has to make one wonder a little bit.

Actually, his cousin (Wingo) was trying to get him to come to Arkansas and it came down to us, Arkansas and Missouri.

I am taking it with a huge grain of salt, not only because he's already decommitted from Mizzou, but because he is cousins with notorious waffler Ronnie Wingo, Jr. Presumably, he is working with the same group of advisers, and that has to make one wonder a little bit.

god damn that was classic........ "notorious waffler" why do those words sounds so funny together?

Finally a sought after recruit! Further, and for what little it is worth, I could see this kid a 4 star at the end of his senior season. In the end it is all about the buzz around the program though and this is then a great get.

Nice get, hopefully Kenny Bell is soon.

Is there any actual confirmation that these two are slotted to play wide receiver or is that just speculation?

Nice get, hopefully Kenny Bell is soon.

Is there any actual confirmation that these two are slotted to play wide receiver or is that just speculation?

Heard that Hill was being looked at as a WR and Bell as a CB.

Heard from where?

Well good doctor, from Hill himself as quoted on 7/14: "They want me to play wide receiver and kick returner. Those are the two positions that I really feel the most comfortable playing in college."

That being said, a kid with his skills could easily project to the other side of the ball.

Marquise Hill commits to Minnesota

Posted Sep 22, 2009

Marquise Hill, a 6-foot, 165-pound wide receiver from St. Louis (MO) Trinity Catholic, has committed to Minnesota. Hill, who had committed to Missouri in January, has led the Titans to a 2-2 start. GoldenSports.Net caught up with Hill to learn the latest on his commitment.

Marquise Hill committed to Missouri in January, but decided to look at other schools. Hill said that he enjoyed the recruiting process at first, but felt that he was ready to make his college choice.

"Sometimes, it's fun, but after awhile, it gets old. I was down to Arkansas and Minnesota and I felt that I need to make a decision. I had planned to wait until the end of the season, but I called last night at 11:30. I talked to coach Brewster and they was a lot of screaming."

Hill has watched the first three games on TV and liked what he saw from the receiving crew, especially Eric Decker.

"Seeing the offense and how I could fit in. I liked their schedule for 2010, playing against USC and some big schools."

Hill visited the campus this summer and liked what he saw.

"It was crazy. I saw the new stadium. The locker room and scoreboard. It is a program on the rise."

Hill had committed to Missouri after a Junior Day visit. He said that playing close to home sounds good, but he decided that going away for school had its benefits.

"At first, I wanted to play close to home. But after talking to friends, I deicded it was too close."

Hill also considered Arkansas, where his cousin Ronnie Wingo, who had visited Minnesota, is a freshman.

"It played a role. They play against Florida and other top schools.

Wingo also played basketball and track last season, plans to skip hoops this winter.

"I wanted to hit the weight room and get stronger. That way when I get to college, I can just concentrate on learning the playbook and get on the field. I can play receiver and help out on returns."

Hill, who is hoping to make his official visit November 7th for the Illinois game, posed a 21 on the ACT and has a 2.7 GPA. He is already academically eligible, but is re-taking some of his course classes.

Hill is having an outstanding senior campaign. He has rushed 16 times for 218 yards (13.6 yard per carry) with five rushing touchdowns. Hill has twelve receptions for 149 (12.4 yards per reception) with two scores.

Hill has 13 solo tackles and ten assists and one interception. He is an outstanding kick returner with seven kickoff returns for 312 yards (44.6 yards per return) and seven punt returns for 247 yards (35.3 yards per return).

The Titans face 1-3 St. Dominic on Friday.

"Seeing the offense and how I could fit in. I liked their schedule for 2010, playing against USC and some big schools."

Very nice and exactly the reason I like scheduling the big boys.

I have a few friends that are Tigers fans and they all said they think he'll end up as a cornerback.

Either way, we need both, so I'm happy.

I have a few friends that are Tigers fans and they all said they think he'll end up as a cornerback.

Either way, we need both, so I'm happy.

I'd take what was said by the recruit over your friends opinions of where they think he will play

Hopefully he lives up to his promises about winning more games and Gophers being in championships. Bring us Wingo to MN. That might help a bit.

"Give us three years, we’re gonna be there, I promise you that. "

Top Bottom